Dress Code for selection

Exzes

Reaction score
i'm awaiting a prmc myself, and thus far for all formal things ive been smartly dressed, psychometric testing - shirt, tie, trousers and shoes, same for medical, for my interview i wore a full suit, obviously a suit was not required for my pjft, but for prmc i shall also be wearing a full suit. its better to be over dressed than under dressed.

if anyone turns up to an afco in traksuits and trainers it usaully makes me think theyre louts who cant be bothered to make an effort, god knows what the staff think.

in short, trackies = :eek:h: idiot.

Exactly, we're not the pongos, so would be good to think that all prospective Royal Marines live up to the pride of the force and take care to give the best impression at all stages.

ukkpa

Reaction score
Black,Blue or Grey Suit?:notes:

If it's sunny tomorrow I might wear my cream linen suit for my POC brief...

Grey is a bit dross in my opinion - go for black or navy, pin stripes = good :D

Matt4017

Reaction score
Hmm, i was going to say grey. Blacks a bit sombre and I don't like Navy suits. Uk I hope to god that you were joking about having a cream linen suit....

ukkpa

Reaction score
Of course I'm not! I bought it in Milan whilst on holiday :D

Go for grey if you wish, I just don't like them!

Matt4017

Reaction score
:blink: I'd love to see you wear that on your POC. Wonder what the corporals would say....

ukkpa

Reaction score
Maybe I will! POC in June so if it's hot and sunny...

There're a couple of guys from here that are on the same POC so they can be testiment to my wearing of it...

More likely, I'll try and blend in and be the "grey" man. Cream suit doesn't really do that greatly!

ukkpa

Reaction score
I bet you a tenner you won't wear it....

Got to be worth more than that, surely?!

I'm sure if everyone betted me a tenner I would, then set up justgiving/paypal details and donate it to RMA or H4H...

(Still not sure if this is a good idea though!)

Josh.E

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I will if you wear a Fedora Hat slanted to the right and walse in there with a limp and a pimp cane.

Now thats Definatly worth a tenna in my mind haha

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I will if you wear a Fedora Hat slanted to the right and waltz in there with a limp and a pimp cane.

Now thats Definatly worth a tenna in my mind haha

Situation normal for many AFCOs, 25P says you wouldn't even see a raised eyebrow in an average inner-city AFCO. Odds are you'll just be directed to the RAF desk.

scumbum

Reaction score
hey i was thinking if applying but the only problem is, that i have a huge red mohawk on me head, would i have to cut it off for my interview or just cut it off just befor the prmc :bud:

mattsayer2005

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just a quick one fella's,
You think black shoes, trousers and jsut a shirt (long or short) would be ok for the Psychometric Test tomorrow ???

Thanks again and i know its been asked many times before

Matt

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
hey i was thinking if applying but the only problem is, that i have a huge red mohawk on me head, would i have to cut it off for my interview or just cut it off just befor the prmc :bud:

You can do what you like with your hair before you join, likewise you can be covered in studs & piercings too as long as none of it constitutes a health risk/snagging hazard on PRMC.

scumbum

Reaction score
You can do what you like with your hair before you join, likewise you can be covered in studs & piercings too as long as none of it constitutes a health risk/snagging hazard on PRMC.

thank you for your answer and the added info ( used to have 7 piercings )

Rich.W

Reaction score
Hiya lads

got my presentation on the RM tomorow and im going to start my application form off, was just curious as to what you lads wore to it? as i want make a good impression from the start!

cheers Rich

Matt-23

Reaction score
Hey,i just wore shirt and tie,smart trousers and black shoes,just treat it as a normal job interview and you will be fine,plus shave and shower aswell *text deleted*

Good Luck

Rich.W

Reaction score
Hey,i just wore shirt and tie,smart trousers and black shoes,just treat it as a normal job interview and you will be fine,plus shave and shower aswell *text deleted*

Good Luck

yeah thats what im going to wear ironed it all earlier thanks for the advice mate hopefully it goes well :

Rich

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P RMAD Dress Code Parents & Partners 4
N Dress code RMR Section and RMR Selection 23
M interview dress code General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 12