Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Dress Code for selection

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by hub, Mar 3, 2009.

1. burny4125

burny4125 New Member

What should I wear????

*text deleted* got my aptitude test on the 30th what should i wear? Jeans and a T-shirt or what ? Thanks Burny.

2. Exzes

Exzes Active Member

I have heard that the suggested dress is usually a mankini, as this denotes pride and honour, whilst the general other service individuals tend to wear jeans and t-shirt and look less serious about their application.

Personally, I went in a suit though.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

4. commandoJIM

commandoJIM New Member

new to site just have 2 questions

1. when they say running shorts tshirt and trainers can the sportswear be something like a football tshirt or does it have to be plain

and 2. regarding tattoos how would a tattoo go down if it were to be "england" in old style letters down the inner forearm but not below the cuff

5. henrol

henrol New Member

Agreed, Smart Cas for everything exepct your interview, where you want to make your first important impression. Suit if you have one, if not, smart shirt and tie. Good luck fella

6. MikeDrury

MikeDrury New Member

Is it recommended to wear a suit all the way through the process? even on arrival for the PJFT?

7. stevie

stevie New Member

what colour ties do everyone wear *text deleted*

8. henrol

henrol New Member

Not unless you wana impress the gym instucter at fitness first. Never know, could be your future wife... or some bloke wondering why you got all dressed up to do a 3 mile run.

Ha - na mate just rock up in your pt kit. Suit if you own one for interview, and travel to prmc. Rest of the time smart casual, or pt kit, depending on what your doing.

9. henrol

henrol New Member

What ever floats your boat mate. Personally as long as it goes with the suit, i dont think it matters.

Dont wear a comedy tie, or the joke really will be on you!

10. butler789

butler789 New Member

Medical and interview

Are these both on the same day does anyone know?

Have my medical on the 2nd but not sure if my interview is due on that day aswell.

Cheers.

11. henrol

henrol New Member

Normaly no, they are not. However the best thing to do is check with your AFCO.

You should have a letter for your interview, and a seperate letter for your medical. Normaly they do interview first, if you pass then you do the medical. Again if your really unsure, check with your AFCO.

12. butler789

butler789 New Member

yeah think ill give them a ring, because ive only got the letter for the medical so they may be doing my interview after

13. rheathhall

rheathhall Royal Marines Commando

hey guys i got my interview in a few days, i dont have 100quid to go buy a new suit , and i dont have one at the moment...... i have black trousers black shoes , white shirt grey V neck top and tie, will this be good enough ? i dont live with my dad so i cant borrow his *text deleted*

14. ALEX123

ALEX123 New Member

Hi Ninja_Stoker, I am currently in the process of the Royal Marines pre-joining tests. I have so far completed the written test, the eye test and the formal interview. For the written test, I turned up in a smart shirt and jeans. The eye test was at an opticians so dressing formally wasn't an issue. Ofcourse, to the formal interview I dressed in a suit. However, my RN & RM careers advisor told me that for the medical (Monday) I should dress casually, but after reading what you said, I am unsure how I should dress.
    If you have any advice, I would be grateful.
    ALEX123

15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

If your AFCO states casual, then casual it is. It does vary between AFCOs & points aren't deducted if you are not wearing a top hat & tails at medical.

Casual in my book is clean tee-shirt & jeans or trackie bottoms, trainers etc.

The emphasis is clean & don't 'go commando' at this stage of the process or the medical examiner may have an attack of the vapours.

16. mudrun

mudrun New Member

medical dress code

if it's a medical turn up in a suit. Wear clean shreddies as he is *text deleted**text deleted** ask you to cough! :wondering:

17. mikehill91

mikehill91 New Member

Really good advice here; i have my psychometric test on Tuesday. Any advice on what i should expect? Definatley going to wear a suit,polish my shoes. You never forget a first impression.

18. jstannard10

jstannard10 New Member

I would definately wear shirt and tie at least, with polished shoes.You can only make a first impression once. Remember it is what you want to do for a career and worth alot of money if you get it wrong! Officers especially should be extra smart! With regards to the psychometrics its basically gcse maths and english skills, plus mechanical reasoning and spatial tests, best to get down the local library and pick up some psychometric books. Hour a day is more than enough. Best to work quickly and accurately and never spend too long on a harder question.
    Good luck

19. xdous

xdous Member

Going to the AFCO today

Hi all,

I'm going down the AFCO today to get my application form and have a chat.

It might sound stupid but do you think I should wear a shirt as first impressions are everything?

Cheers

20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Thread merged.

The best way to create a favourable impression at your AFCO is not to arrive as they are trying to lock-up.

AFCOs are quiet in the mornings & busy in the afternoons, so if you wish to be seen without delay, the advice is to arrive nearer 09:00 than 16:00.