Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Dress Code for selection

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by hub, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Muddyfox

Muddyfox New Member

Hair

At the moment i have longish hair as in enough to put in a pony tail, i know if i pass the interview i will have to cut it all, would it be more appropriate to cut short before the initial interview?

2. Woody15

Woody15 New Member

Hi there. I have my psychometrics coming up in just under a week now. i think i'm going to go wearing shirt, trousers, tie and shoes? Will i be over dressed for this do you think? :wondering: :unsure:

3. bert682

bert682 New Member

I had mine on Tuesday, I went in smart. Most people there did, I dont think there is a dress code but looking smart cant hurt.

4. SIERRAMIKE

SIERRAMIKE New Member

Simple answer for all people wondering

Suit,shirt, tie and shoes for all stages and you cant go wrong :biggrin:

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

As stated at the beginning of the thread:

6. Woody15

Woody15 New Member

Ok cheers peeps. I may need to invest in a new suit, or the most part of it as i've out grown my one now. Thanks again lads. Good luck.

7. adamj

adamj New Member

This may sound like a moronic question but what haircut should you get before you start selection? like what grades etc? *text deleted* i have kinda long hair and for fear of being beasted to new levels at PRMC etc i *text deleted**text deleted** get a decent haircut *text deleted**

8. Mnemic5

Mnemic5 Royal Marines Commando

It would be wise to get a shorter haircut before attending PRMC just for your sake :tongue:

9. matty10

matty10 New Member

i went in for my psychometric test and didnt pass what can i do to help

10. Marctb

Marctb New Member

When you go to do your fitness, should you wear a suit and tie, but then if you do, is there anywhere to get changed(would they allowed you to get changed)?

11. joelxs

joelxs New Member

do you mean the PJFT??
    ...if you do mean the PJFT then no you just wear whatever you want. i wore my running gear there. its only a fitness centre with fitness instructors in it theres not even any royal marines there. but there are changing rooms and whatever there (i was ofered a locker for my bag ETC.)

12. Marctb

Marctb New Member

Thanks for that, because is it not always best to go suited up, make a good impression and all?

13. joelxs

joelxs New Member

no need mate you dont even go to the AFCO or anything. i seriously wouldnt bother...its just a fitness centre.
    joel.

14. Marctb

Marctb New Member

Meh, I think you may be right. Also, should you act with great etiquette when you go for interviews and such not, or just relax and be yourself?

15. joelxs

joelxs New Member

bit of both really. sit up straight ETC and make sure you talk pretty well. but generally be yourself id say :). i havnt done my interview yet though as you can see i got it on the 4th XD.
    joel.

16. Marctb

Marctb New Member

good luck with that.

17. DiiGiiTAL

DiiGiiTAL New Member

I'm going suited and booted. mainly because I look stacks and mega essence in a suit! :D

18. owdoris

owdoris New Member

be casual for your PJFT mate, dress smart for interview. i wore shorts for pjft but for my interview smart trousers and a shirt i wore.

19. banzai

banzai New Member

Quick dress code query... apologies

Going down to AFCO this week for my initial visit, pick up application, etc. Is it overkill to dress smart, ie shirt and tie? I'm aware first impressions count. Cheers!

20. JamesBL

JamesBL New Member

Nope not at all overkill, dress smartly and make a good impression, good luck!