Drinks on PJFT?

Connor!

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but here goes.....

Can you drink lucazade and those type of drink on your PJFT? I was thinking about having one of those lucazade shots in the 1 min rest and some lucazade to give me some quick energy for the return.
I ask because there are some silly rules like not being allowed to listen to music and such.

Thanks in advance..

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had a water bottle with me when I did mine. You can drink what you want, I presume (non-alcohol, of course...) and if you want to drink that gunk in the rest-gap, go for it, but try it in a mock PJFT first. You don't want an 8 week referal because you threw up having been unable to stomach that sugary goodness

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Take a water bottle and just have a quick sip in between.

Do not take lucozade shots or any other - in the +- 9min it takes you to complete the return, they will have no effect whatsoever. And worst case, can just make your stomach feel off.

There is absolutely no chance on any significant dehydration on a run that lasts about 20mins.

Just make sure you are fit enough, that'll suffice.

Yossarian

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Worth knowing as well that you're not allowed to drink at PRMC on your 3 miler, in between any of the gym tests, on bottom field or the endurance course.

gym beast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i know the guy brung me a bottle of water during the thing, i didnt use it though. make sure you're properly hydrated before and you'll be fine.
you dont want to be guzzling anything down and then cramping up

JamieC

Reaction score
If that's what you do on your training 3 milers then do it, if it isn't then don't. If you're going in for your PJFT then I presume you're fit enough and have got the times required. In which case just run your PJFT exactly as you run your training runs.

Why try anything new that might make things worse when what you already do is good enough?

Connor!

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The problem being I haven't got the times needed yet with like 2weeks to go even though i have been trying my hardest to get my time down, mainly because the app process has gone alot quicker than I had been told and I'd thought it would take and I had a month taken of my app because I didn't have to do recruit test, so I have done my medical in like 2 weeks of going in to say I wanted to go RM and I've only had like a months training and I can only get halfway through the second run on the speed needed.

The lucazade was an idea to give me a quick burst of energy for the return but as advices u think i will steer clear thanks guys.

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Worth knowing as well that you're not allowed to drink at PRMC on your 3 miler, in between any of the gym tests, on bottom field or the endurance course.
Surely this changes for the 2 hour bottom field sessions and the like?

Connor!

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Surely this changes for the 2 hour bottom field sessions and the like?
I've seen on write ups and that that you have water bottles with you on prmc bottom field and that so you do get to drink at the end and stuff, same don't know about day 1 though

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Also, Connor, how come you skipped the recruit test?

I've heard of people in full time education doing this once or twice and wondered why.

Yossarian

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
You'll get 30sec a couple of times on Bottom Field for quick slog of oggin.
We didn't! Started bottom field, finished that, then went straight to high obs and didn't get a drink until everyone had finished that!

Connor!

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I skipped recruit test for RM because I had done it for royal navy officer like last march and so I had sufficient score to not have a retake, since then I know RM is what I want to do and now I've fired through the process quicker than I have ever heard of anybody... I like that but it means I haven't have much time for the fitness side, just been smashing it for like 3 weeks