Drinks ??

burny4125

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, i was wunderin if it would effect my fittness if i drink alot of things lik Coke, Dr Peper???? If it will im not a fan of water so if i drink vimto or ribeena will that be the same as water or should i just drink lots of water :( :P ??? thanks Burny

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
personally i dont touch fizzy drinks, if you *text deleted* drink it for energy reasons you'd be better off with powerade or gatorade, you should be drinking 8 pints of water a day, its vital for the body's repair, trust me it may be bland and you'll piss all day long but i swear you'll be so much more clear headed for it.

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
try to drink as much water as u can handle mate *text deleted* add low sugar fruit juice to them to make it more bearable!! but theres no reason y u cant have a few fizzy drinks here and there. have coke zero, or dr pepper zero for example as they have no sugar which if u have to much could affect your training. just dont have them before a run or gym session etc as u will puke *text deleted*

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I drink Ribena, and lots of it.

Let's face it, no matter what people say. Drinking 8 pints of water a day, by the 2nd pint you're done with it, it's vile!

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I drink loads of fizzy stuff. Never before training though, always after, and just cause I like it.

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Drink probably a can a month if that, purely because it isnt available in the house, If you do drink fizzy drinks burny, make sure you have water intake that day eswell, espec before and after training.

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well put it this way , weight your self before u go into the gym and then after, for every lb ( pound ) you loose u will have to drink 1 ltr of water and thats on top of you RDA for water .

but getting to the point of fizzy drinks , they are fine in moderation like anything , if u are going into the gym but have had minimal food then a nice cold fizzy drink can give u the boost u need and they nromally have caffeine in so that will get u going , but like chappy says powerades and such like are so much better for you

happy drinking

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi mate. I dont touch fizzy drinks, it doesnt give you anything accept for a stitch. I was told to drink lucozade but i have never been botherd to yet!
Im just going to stick to beer and water! :rock:

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi mate. I dont touch fizzy drinks, it doesnt give you anything accept for a stitch. I was told to drink lucozade but i have never been botherd to yet!
Im just going to stick to beer and water! :rock:

Ahhh, the good old beer and water diet.

That makes two of us. :bigsmile:

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Don't drink to much red bull whatever you do. I necked 2 cans of the stuff in one go. 30 minutes later I was rolling round the floor in agony, Apparently I'd stripped my stomache lining straight off.

NELSON23

Reaction score
dont touch any Red Bull, the CPO on my rmad told us of another officer who downed 2 cans before a run, then had a heart attack *text deleted* his heart rate would not return to normal

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
mate it realy doesnt matter, ale is just calories unless your an alcoholic like my mother *text deleted* then that sh*t will *text deleted**text deleted* you up, just make sure you dont drink fizzy drinks or ale before a run

pain is glory

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
at the end of the day i dont think you can beat a nice big pint of cold water its what the body wants and needs with a bit of fruit and you have got your sports drinks plus them drinks are a joke £1.20 for a bottle of gatroade they are having a laugh its just mugging people off it might not sound alot but if your training all the time and have one, work that out over a year, but i still drink them all the time *text deleted*

pain is glory.

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
mate it realy doesnt matter, ale is just calories unless your an alcoholic like my mother *text deleted* then that sh*t will *text deleted**text deleted* you up, just make sure you dont drink fizzy drinks or ale before a run

My mums an alchy to, good init? :/

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If fizzy drinks are bad, then whats lucozade? I just drink my own *text deleted*.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I tend to drink only milk, juice and water.
I only have fizzy drinks if im out at a reastaurant. I think they are crap when training *text deleted* it will give you an unsettled stomach and make you feel sick through your training. Stick to the Ribena and stuff like Oasis. :bud:

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I drink water, and water only.

Maybe a cup of tea in the morning, cant beat a good bit of British tea