Driving

Craff94

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tel me if you get your driving licence at the end of the training or am I better getting it before I go in

Reaction score
Yeah you do all your licenses apart from coach and motor cycle straight out of training, so save your cash and let pusser pay for it.

What specific license do you get then please? cheers

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
My son already had b(car) so has got c and c+e which are the hgv up to articulated lorry entitlements plus a load of tracked vehicles

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is everyone going through recruit training getting C+E, please?

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
As a Driver, you’ll be trained on a range of vehicles that are vital to the support of the Commando Brigade. To start with, drivers have the opportunity to work towards an NVQ Level 2 in Driving Goods Vehicles. As you get promoted you will get Institute of Logistics & Transport (ILT) Certificates in Logistics and Transport, up to Level 3 and a C&E qualification.

As @sharpe has pointed out. You can be trained to drive everything from Land Rovers to heavy demountable rack off-loading and pick-up system (DROPS) supply trucks.

G_commando

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
You just have to make sure you pass training.
i also got mini bus, coach, and tanker all for free(along with the other qualification's to drive civilian tankers)

G_commando

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
As a Driver, you’ll be trained on a range of vehicles that are vital to the support of the Commando Brigade. To start with, drivers have the opportunity to work towards an NVQ Level 2 in Driving Goods Vehicles. As you get promoted you will get Institute of Logistics & Transport (ILT) Certificates in Logistics and Transport, up to Level 3 and a C&E qualification.

As @sharpe has pointed out. You can be trained to drive everything from Land Rovers to heavy demountable rack off-loading and pick-up system (DROPS)
always wondered what DROPS stood for. haha