Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Drugs Conviction

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Recruit1432, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Recruit1432

Recruit1432 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hello.

I am currently training to join the Royal Marines in January.

However, at the age of 16 I got caught up in the wrong crowd and ended up getting a 6 month referral order for Possession with intent to supply.

Would this automatically bar my entry for the marines or do they look at each specific application individually.

I need some light shon over this as in training very hard at the minute as I have wanted to Join the Royal Marines since I was a young lad.

Thanks.

• Seen Seen x 1
  2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Everyone makes mistakes. What matters most is learning from them and moving on in a positive manner, which you are clearly determined to do.

Someone on the forum who has current knowledge of entry standards in the context of your specific question will be along at some point. Best of luck.

3. Recruit1432

Recruit1432 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks, i hope so.

I only hope they look at individual cases as I have seen the error of my ways and hope there is some leniency.

People use the Armed Services to change there lives and hope I can do the same.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Yours is a question that crops up from time-to-time. One of the Careers Advisers on here will give you definitive, current advice. @The guide or @CHUB! or @Ninja_Stoker know this stuff.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

As long as the conviction and subsequent penalty is "spent" under the rehabilitation of offenders act, an application can be processed.

The reference book, BR3, Chapter 7, article 0736 states the following:

Ref: https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/-/medi...s/reference-library/br-3-vol-1/chapter-07.pdf

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  6. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Keep us updated with your progress. And even if you aren’t allowed to join yet.

Keep your nose clean and out of trouble and wait out until you can join.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Recruit1432

Recruit1432 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Cheers mate I will do.

Going to go to the local navy office and have a chat with them.

I’ll update you tommorow with how I get on

• Like Like x 5
  8. doggle

doggle Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Slightly off piste..but interested to know what happens if someone ends up with a criminal conviction whilst serving? Is it instant discharge?

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It depends on the offence, the conviction & the penalty.

If the convicted offence brings the service into significant disrepute and/of the penalty in any way prevents the individual's availability 24/7 in doing their job, then it's almost certainly going to result in discharge.

• Like Like x 1
  10. doggle

doggle Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent