Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

DT changes transgender thread into climate debate

Discussion in 'Current & Military Affairs Discussion Forum.' started by R, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

I'd say that was a debate won for climate change AND the climate change denyer is doing EXACTLY as you complained about and just announcing facts were untrue with no evidence to support his claims but simply denying they were true. "NASA faked the results." Get a grip. Next you'll be saying the majority of scientists worldwide are expounding it for research grants. You can shout down the facts all you want to save your self some money and concern but its happening. Likelihood is you wont experience the worst of it, maybe that's why you don't care.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Fibonarchie

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    No, the question is what will make you accept that it is? I'm willing to bet that you'd have no trouble accepting it, were it not for taxes. We can prove the earth is warming. We can prove the heat trapping effect of CO2. We can prove that CO2 levels in the atmosphere have risen dramatically over the last 150 years. We all know that we are releasing masses of CO2 as a species and we can even prove that this is the same CO2 that is in the atmosphere and trapping heat. Blatant denial of all factual evidence is much more a religion than belief in something so well evidenced.

• Like Like x 3
  3. its_meg

its_meg Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Whether or not man made climate change is 'a thing' (excuse the lack of a better word), I feel calling it the '6th great extinction' may be a bit premature. In terms of the smaller species, we are seeing a decline in numbers due to what seems to be climate change however there are more humans than ever which puts everything about the increase in CO2 levels being damaging to the bin. We are learning to change and adapt to what is happening and we seem to be following Darwin's theory of evolution and the survival of the fittest. I will happily accept that the climate is changing but cannot accept the whole 'global warming and extinction of man-kind'. You can use other periods in time where mass species became extinct to relate to but they did not know what we know now. We are much more informed and have no reason to follow the same path as history.

4. Fibonarchie

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Perhaps not an extinction of humans but the build up of aerosols in the sea and atmosphere damages sea creatures abilities to form shells which could well lead to a marine extinction through disruption of the food chain.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Teapot

Teapot Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Yeah the 6th great extinction isn't about humans. It's about all the animals we are wiping out including the bee! Without the bee we are goners, climate change or no climate change.

And about the growth of population, that growth is in countries where families are having 12 children because of ignorance, lack of education, cultural customs and simply nothing else to do but procreate. In Europe populations are declining. So we haven't actually had to adapt as a species. But other animals are dying out. We will eventually have to adapt if we keep going the way we are going I.E. grow fish gills.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Must admit, I'm struggling to see the link between transgenders and climate change.

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. Fibonarchie

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Well, if gays cause floods, it isn't too hard to believe that transgenders cause climate change.

;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. R

R Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that mean you would have to be successful to be able to legally challenge the validity of the disclaimer? I call @Teapot 's ghost to the stand your honour! :D

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  9. R

R Well-Known Member

Did you just assign my gender non specific, non-racial challenged, anti-patriarchal non-position of political non-bias on climate change? #hurtfeelings.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

How about a thread title edit? :)

Donald Trump bans transgender climate change

• Like Like x 3
  11. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

Based on what, the cheers from an audience? It's like a BBC debate on question time, pack the room with snowflakes and base your opinion on how much they cheers. That's not science. That's 4 v 1 on that pane and seeing if something is real or not by some kind of cheer-o'meter

There is a university of Anglia that has admitted fiddling data to fit the predictions. The Nobel prize winner admits data was displayed to convince politicians.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1245636/Glacier-scientists-says-knew-data-verified.html

Watch the science guy get torn a new one by Bill Tucker

How much more do you need to see before you see it's a scam -banghead- :D

Here is where you are wrong. I'm not taxing you for my belief's. Your religion is taxing me for yours. In those circumstances, you have to prove to me that you are right - not the other way around.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

This is the thing mate, My Mrs is in Slovakia and @Rossi phoned me to tell me that their was a climate debate on here. I literally got back in my car and raced home. These two events never usually collide, but today is the day :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  13. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

Done, sort of.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

An elegant solution that will soothe the nerves of those who become intensely irritated by off-topic content. Probably. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Teapot

Teapot Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I must say I never thought I'd be talking climate change on this forum but if you told me it would be in relation to Trumps banning Transgenders from the military I'd definitely say you're a nutter!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Old Man

Old Man Ex-Matelot

Why does warming lead CO2 rise rather than the other way around?

17. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Arguably it could be a reflection of the apparent chaos in the White House itself.

I'm saddened that Anthony Scaramucci got the elbow. His opinions on transgender and climate change would probably sell a lot of popcorn.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Teapot

Teapot Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I agree I felt his appointment was tasty, but sadly we've been robbed of a drama better than House of Cards

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  19. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

Must admit you are killing me tonight mate. You've just made me split threads because people started talking about climate change in the transgender thread. Now you are talking about transgenders in the climate thread.

Only kidding :D

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Admittedly, I'm way out of my depth here. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1