Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Due to start RMR RT soon

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by 14HOS94, Mar 6, 2020.

1. 14HOS94

14HOS94 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Passed PRMC last week and am now chomping at the bit to start RT - due to start 25th April.

I’m cracking my phys just as intense as before PRMC but I’m just wondering if there is anything else I can do prepare myself for RT?

• Like Like x 2
  2. sharpe

sharpe Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    I’m not in your shoes but my son is in the latter stages of RT. Absolutely focus on the fitness but what has become so apparent over the last 30 weeks is how much the program tests your mental resolve. No matter how fit you are/think you are this program will push you way beyond it. Work out why you are there and be steadfast in your resolve, your body will try to give up way before your brain does:). Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  3. 14HOS94

14HOS94 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks for the reply and good luck to your son in RT, I hope he’s enjoying it. That seems to be common advice I’ve been receiving so thank you. I’ve been doing some reading on mental resilience after the input we received from a sports psychologist (from the Career Support team I believe) on my PRMC. Really interesting guy!

I’ve started to practice a few little tasks like making to do lists beginning with the least favourable tasks, ironing and ensuring I still train outdoors when it’s raining. But I guess deep down you’ve either got mental resilience or you haven’t.. I’d like to think I have and wouldn’t ever give up. On the subject of giving up, another interesting watch is David Goggins’ interview with Joe Rogan whereby he explains studies have showed the mind tells the body to give up when your body is only at 40% exhaustion - you’ve still got another 60% to give! I replayed that sentence over and over in my head throughout PRMC! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Humour helps. Horror and amusement mix when watching an apoplectic NCO hurl the contents of one's locker out of a second storey window into darkness and a blizzard. Seriously. Play the game because often that's all it is and keep smiling. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. 14HOS94

14HOS94 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Definitely, humour got us through the determination test and extra phys for lads itching and scratching in the gym at PRMC, as well as the beastings for people being late! -yawn-

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jonja

Jonja Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    @14HOS94 What sort of phys do you do day to day/ before PRMC?

7. 14HOS94

14HOS94 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I’ve done a PRMC diary (as below) there’s a few posts on there about the training I did before PRMC. In summary, I followed Sean Lerwin’s Pass the PRMC book. I had a weeks rest after PRMC and am now back training again but no real plan to my training and I do whatever I feel - the only constant is I do 3 sets of max effort pull ups every morning. I train 5 days a week with one of the below -

• Lower Body Endurance Circuit
    • 3 to 5 mile run
    • Exercise Bike
    • Swimming
    • Phys sessions at my local Det.
    • (All of the above are always max effort and include press ups, sit ups and pull ups every day).
    https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/prmc-pass-25-28th-feb-2020.126300/