Due to start RMR RT soon

14HOS94

Reaction score
Passed PRMC last week and am now chomping at the bit to start RT - due to start 25th April.

I’m cracking my phys just as intense as before PRMC but I’m just wondering if there is anything else I can do prepare myself for RT?

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I’m not in your shoes but my son is in the latter stages of RT. Absolutely focus on the fitness but what has become so apparent over the last 30 weeks is how much the program tests your mental resolve. No matter how fit you are/think you are this program will push you way beyond it. Work out why you are there and be steadfast in your resolve, your body will try to give up way before your brain does:). Good luck

14HOS94

Reaction score
I’m not in your shoes but my son is in the latter stages of RT. Absolutely focus on the fitness but what has become so apparent over the last 30 weeks is how much the program tests your mental resolve. No matter how fit you are/think you are this program will push you way beyond it. Work out why you are there and be steadfast in your resolve, your body will try to give up way before your brain does:). Good luck
Thanks for the reply and good luck to your son in RT, I hope he’s enjoying it. That seems to be common advice I’ve been receiving so thank you. I’ve been doing some reading on mental resilience after the input we received from a sports psychologist (from the Career Support team I believe) on my PRMC. Really interesting guy!

I’ve started to practice a few little tasks like making to do lists beginning with the least favourable tasks, ironing and ensuring I still train outdoors when it’s raining. But I guess deep down you’ve either got mental resilience or you haven’t.. I’d like to think I have and wouldn’t ever give up. On the subject of giving up, another interesting watch is David Goggins’ interview with Joe Rogan whereby he explains studies have showed the mind tells the body to give up when your body is only at 40% exhaustion - you’ve still got another 60% to give! I replayed that sentence over and over in my head throughout PRMC! :D

Last edited:

Chelonian

Reaction score
But I guess deep down you’ve either got mental resilience or you haven’t.. I’d like to think I have and wouldn’t ever give up.
Humour helps. Horror and amusement mix when watching an apoplectic NCO hurl the contents of one's locker out of a second storey window into darkness and a blizzard. Seriously. Play the game because often that's all it is and keep smiling. :)

14HOS94

Reaction score
Humour helps. Horror and amusement mix when watching an apoplectic NCO hurl the contents of one's locker out of a second storey window into darkness and a blizzard. Seriously. Play the game because often that's all it is and keep smiling. :)
Definitely, humour got us through the determination test and extra phys for lads itching and scratching in the gym at PRMC, as well as the beastings for people being late! -yawn-