Easter Eggs

Mosquito

Reaction score
What Easter eggs did we all get this year? I got one of those Crunchie ones where the big egg itself has bits of Crunchie in it and it's hands down the best egg I've had

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
What Easter eggs did we all get this year? I got one of those Crunchie ones where the big egg itself has bits of Crunchie in it and it's hands down the best egg I've had
Every year its a tradition to make chocolate nests with my siblings (basically chocolate rice krispy cakes with cornflakes) and we always use mini eggs for decoration and literally every single shop was out of everything to do with easter. I woke up at 8 am when all the shops opened and I still couldnt find any darn mini eggs. Literally my town went crazy for easter, and I had to break the news to my younger siblings. Alas there were tears but nevertheless i made it up and found some galaxy gold mini eggs. Though the easter bunny pulled through and got me a huge mini egg easter egg (the irony) and a bunch of small eggs

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not a fan of Easter eggs or chocolate but, refusing to leave me out of the festivities, my family switched on and bought me a box of Grenade Protein Bars haha

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
Not a fan of Easter eggs or chocolate but, refusing to leave me out of the festivities, my family switched on and bought me a box of Grenade Protein Bars haha
Are u meant to put the carb killer ones in the microwave? I have heard your meant to but I dont know

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
Nooo, they're fine to eat on their own. I like the birthday cake one myself.
Funnily enough the birthday cake protein bar was my first ever try of a protein bar. It was decent but it was unexpectedly very chewy, thought it would be a bit more soft like a cake but it was okay I guess.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Are u meant to put the carb killer ones in the microwave? I have heard your meant to but I dont know

Never heard of that before but I've just had a Google and it seems a popular thing to do. Apparently if you Mic them for 5-8 secs it changes the texture and makes them more supple and chewy rather than hard and gritty, without being long enough to warm them up or melt them. Will have to have a go later

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
Never heard of that before but I've just had a Google and it seems a popular thing to do. Apparently if you Mic them for 5-8 secs it changes the texture and makes them more supple and chewy rather than hard and gritty, without being long enough to warm them up or melt them. Will have to have a go later
I’ll definitely try that, i think I still have the bar i tried in my bag from 2 days ago ha ha. I definitely thought it would have a softer texture as its birthday cake but it was definitely more chewy than expected. Ill probably go for the cookie dough one next time

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What I do is I’ve used this as an excuse to do more fitness. If I want to eat an egg I owe a circuit/a run/hill sprints/press ups.

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
What I do is I’ve used this as an excuse to do more fitness. If I want to eat an egg I owe a circuit/a run/hill sprints/press ups.
. Its one day its not going to throw your progress out the window. Its good to have treats somedays. I am working on my fitness but today easter is one egg wont do anything. So cut loose and just eat the chocolate egg. I see so many people in my school starving themselves then binging later its really not good. Just remember its all about balance. By all means do fitness Im not stopping you but just remember everything is good in moderation and its good to have treats.

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
True but what as this got to do with joining the marines mate? Just trying to make it a way to motivate some extra fitness just ha ha.

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
True but what as this got to do with joining the marines mate? Just trying to make it a way to motivate some extra fitness just ha ha.
I get you but just remember everything is good in moderation

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone worrying about over indulging over Easter needn't worry. Most bootneck flats will be toppers with auxiliary booze for random weeknight sessions, boxes from last nights pizzas or curry.

If you think we are professional athletes you couldn't be more wrong. Get the eggs in ya lads and enjoy the long weekend

Mosquito

Reaction score
Anyone worrying about over indulging over Easter needn't worry. Most bootneck flats will be toppers with auxiliary booze for random weeknight sessions, boxes from last nights pizzas or curry.

If you think we are professional athletes you couldn't be more wrong. Get the eggs in ya lads and enjoy the long weekend
Got a new 1 mile PB whilst full to the brim on Easter choc, can't fault it

Mosquito

Reaction score
What is your pb? If u dont mind me asking
Not at all! I did a 7:05 mile today which I'm very happy with considering I hadn't run for about 6 months before training at the moment. It's just chipping away bit by bit until I can get it down. Looking to get my return to around 9:30 if not lower by the time I'm applying. Long distance has never been my strong suit but you got to improve on your weaknesses!

Plus the snow motivated me to get back home quick for a nice brew.

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
Not at all! I did a 7:05 mile today which I'm very happy with considering I hadn't run for about 6 months before training at the moment. It's just chipping away bit by bit until I can get it down. Looking to get my return to around 9:30 if not lower by the time I'm applying. Long distance has never been my strong suit but you got to improve on your weaknesses!

Plus the snow motivated me to get back home quick for a nice brew.
You have snow???!

Mosquito

Reaction score
You have snow???!
That's the UK's weather for you! Earlier this morning when it was freezing, literally laced up my shoes and it started coming in sideways. Thought they won't stop exercises if the weather's a bit bad so I powered through and it wasn't even that bad! Prefer the cold to the heat.

KatnissEverdeen

Reaction score
That's the UK's weather for you! Earlier this morning when it was freezing, literally laced up my shoes and it started coming in sideways. Thought they won't stop exercises if the weather's a bit bad so I powered through and it wasn't even that bad! Prefer the cold to the heat.
Agree 100%. I hate running in the heat I always end up looking like a tomato after. At least when its cold you look forward to a brew and a hot bath

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
I’m talking about potential recruits mate trying to get fit for CTC

Im aware.

But I'll remind you of that famous old nursery rhyme, "chips and beans make marines, and if you aint double duffin you aint really trying".

Having an advent calendar leading up to Xmas leave whilst at CTC was an instant bit of morale each morning at about 0500.

As for this years Easter, me and the missus have just polished off a chocolate bunny the size of a small child.