Easter Leave?

amb03

Reaction score
Quick question..... I've got my PRMC on the 22nd Jan, if everything goes according to plan I will be on RT by the end of Feb. Does anyone know when Easter leave is? Ive got a wedding to hopefully attend, just wondering if it will fall within the hols? Cheers

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Easter 04 April to 21 April 2008
Summer 08 Aug to 01 Sept 2008
Chrimbo 19 Dec to 05 Jan 2009

(Ish) :*text deleted*:

amb03

Reaction score
Superb news, looks like I can go on the stag do too! Thanks

SR

Reaction score
Superb.

The rugby team i support play in France on the 29th March.

Would you say its safe to book my flights etc now Ninja ?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Good question.

As always, you are strongly advised to buy insurance that covers "cancellation" clauses do to operational requirements especially after training (ie: you may be required for duty over the leave period- unlikely, but it could happen during RT if the UK security state escalates).

The cheapest is either through the Post Office or NAAFI as they include this cover for servicemen. If you go elsewhere they try to hike the premium when you mention it.

SR

Reaction score
Just a quick question.

I've just realised that there is a start for RT on the 24th March.
What happens there as thats during Easter leave ?

Cheers

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I'm guessing the 24th March is possibly incorrect- watch this space, I'll update when confirmed.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Guys have heard through the grapevine from my mate who is down at CTC that Easter hols have been changed from what was previously posted to 6th April to 20th April??

Ninja can you confirm ???

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You are right Steve,

Lympstone now goes on leave, close-of-play Friday 04 April and training commences at "05-stupid-o'clock" on 21 April. I've ammended my dates in the initial post. Good point, well put.

Hence the statement:

Ninja_Stoker said:
As always, you are strongly advised to buy insurance that covers "cancellation" clauses due to operational requirements

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ninja_Stoker said:
You are right Steve,

Lympstone now goes on leave, close-of-play Friday 04 April and training commences at "05-stupid-o'clock" on 21 April. I've ammended my dates in the initial post. Good point, well put.

Hence the statement:

Ninja_Stoker said:
As always, you are strongly advised to buy insurance that covers "cancellation" clauses due to operational requirements
Cheers my good man ... i'll definately be taking the cancellation cover when it comes to hols & that .... thats actually the reason i was asking as we're booking a holiday round me (when i ever get there :*text deleted*: ) and my mate coming hom on leave :D

lukeskyw6

Reaction score
I spoke to the Derby careers office yesterday and they tell me that easter leave falls from 14th to the 30th March. Which would make sense as easter is on March 23rd. Please can you confirm that CTC is working over the easter period and closes on the above dates?

Cheers,

Luke

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Luke,

Just treble-checked with CTC: The dates were originally as you state & indeed they have been recently changed, to April despite Easter falling in March. As to what is happening with regard the Bank Holiday Friday & Monday, those joining beforehand will be advised upon joining Lympstone.