Egg Whites

ChrisL

Reaction score
This might sound like a stupid question but what are egg whites? do you crack an egg and seperate it *text deleted* i have no idea

JasonMc

Reaction score
Yipp egg whites are the 'snotty' looking bit of the egg without the yolk haha

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
you will probably already know this but if you boil the egg then it is a lot easier to get the egg whites

greenlid

Reaction score
There not to bad, I mix them in with high-carb shake and you don't really taste them. Works a treat.

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Unless your using them for say adding to a shake,or baking,then just eat the whole egg mate. But yeh the whites can easily be seperated

JasonMc

Reaction score
Another way to seperate the yolk from the white is to crack the shell in two and alternitivly swap the yolk from half to half over a bowl until alls u have left is the yolk, does tht sound too confusing?

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Crack the egg open and sift the Yolk into your hand and let the egg white drain into a bowl between your fingers. If your eating 4-6 egg's a day try stay off the Yolk because its contains wayyy too much fiber and each Yolk contains 300-350 calories.

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just to clear any confusion mate, a large egg will come in at under 100 calories total, with about 60/70 of that being from the yolk

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm unsure now, the website below says different and i remember reading on various body building websites that the reason they remove the Yolk is because its very high in fat/calories and it contains excessive amounts of cholesterol.

http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/1127.html

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ahh,that website dosnt show it for a single egg mate,its for a weighed amount of 227g.
1 large egg has about 100 calories,8g protien,and 7g fat. An average egg range is between like 30-70g depending on the size.

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Another way to seperate the yolk from the white is to crack the shell in two and alternitivly swap the yolk from half to half over a bowl until alls u have left is the yolk, does tht sound too confusing?

Thats what i used to do ages ago when i was really cracking down on my diet. But now i just have full eggs it really doesn't make much difference having the yolks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Egg Whites Training Plans and Diet Suggestions 4
X-Guard Egg Yolks Training Plans and Diet Suggestions 20
J Egg. Jollies Bar 0