Elite Forces.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Saw an advert for 'Elite forces' and funnily enough most of the forces shown were british :D

starts a week on wednesday (16th) at 9:00pm (Y)

:rock:

S

Sotiris

I saw it too, looks great. Hehe but don't be fooled, it is a British programme so undoubtably it's going to be a bit one sided.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
yeye discovery (Y) *text deleted*

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Discovery? Damn I don't have Sky.. Someone will upload it though.

"I saw it too, looks great. Hehe but don't be fooled, it is a British programme so undoubtably it's going to be a bit one sided."

We all know British E/SF forces are the best. :cool: Who trains the rest? :wink:

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i dunno mate, polish/israeli special forces are pretty on the ball too, it'd be hard to call

It was a rhetorical question.

Can you list some famous missions they've done if any? Not saying quality is based on their missions because we tend not to know what the 'best' are upto, like the SBS.

But the British SF not only pioneered alot of SF techniques and trained most of the other SF but have several publicised succesful missions.

But really we don't know who's best but you can only go off the legit available knowledge.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
well they may sound good but really theyv hardly seen action the only sf *text deleted* herd of in action is sas, sbs, americans delta force, and navy seals

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't iraeli forces do that lovely hostage recue after the planes were diverted to like nigeria or something?
By lovely i mean they killed 30 nigerian soldiers who got in the way in typical israeli fashion..

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well I don't much about the others, but I am going to say the UKSF are the best! Because I'm British and I think they are hard as nails. 90% failure rate anyone....

WannabeMarine86

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im not 100% sure but I think the programme is the second series of Weaponology thats currently on the Discovery channel. Its already been broadcast in the states and contains an episode on the Royal Marines and also one on the SAS, SBS an paras dont seem to get a look in. If i remember correctly its mainly the US special forces like the green berets, delta, etc that the episodes are based around. Its focused mainly on the equipment they use rather than the forces themselves.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Can you list some famous missions they've done if any? ...
But the British SF not only pioneered alot of SF techniques and trained most of the other SF but have several publicised succesful missions.
well they wouldn't be terribly special if i could reel off all their operations... but there are some out there.
Wiki: (can only verify i couple of them)
* Autumn 1994 - Operation Uphold Democracy in Haiti (awarded with the American Commendation Medal)
* Late 1990s - Search for indicted war criminals in former Yugoslavia
* 2001 - Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article1032995.ece)
* Since 2001 - War in Afghanistan
* March 2003 - Operation Iraqi Freedom operating mainly near Basra in the south of Iraq
* Since 2003 - Occupation of Iraq
So far as i've heard and read they're deployed just as often as NZSAS, UKSF, and USSF (as part of JSDF). if anything let's them down it's their pathetic funding and lack of unified political support

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
think i'll be watching ITV4 at nine- foreign legion, i know all i want to about the SAS (tonights epsiode of elite forces is about SAS)

New Threads