End of the World!

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently the world will end next wednesday :sad2:
These stupid scientists (they are American- typical) are testing their own made black hole, i think if this black hole develops we will suffer from earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions etc and eventually we will get sucked in and within 1/10th of a second we will be dead :sad:

I dont think this will happen, i think its a load of bull but has anyone else heard of this as it was in the papers and its been on the radio alot.

Im not sure what to believe.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah were all *text deleted* die...

dam it : (

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
If the black hole developed, there would be no earthquakes we w0ould just die.

Its a build up of side effects. It will take a few weeks for the black hole to reach Earth then as soon as it does we will instantly be dead and yes they are American, its just being launched in Switzerland.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Whilst the proposed potential scenario mentioned in this thread, may well put back your application to join the Corps (any excuse, eh?), it's not really directly connected to general joining stuff- more to do with being rent-asunder to be honest.

Not sure where to move it to as "Jollies" doesn't sound all that appropriate, but I'm moving it there for the moment whilst waiting to see if there's any point getting up for work next wednesday...

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Whilst the proposed potential scenario mentioned in this thread, may well put back your application to join the Corps (any excuse, eh?), it's not really directly connected to general joining stuff- more to do with being rent-asunder to be honest.

Not sure where to move it to as "Jollies" doesn't sound all that appropriate, but I'm moving it there for the moment whilst waiting to see if there's any point getting up for work next wednesday...

Why move it, its just a general topic, can you please just leave it where it was *text deleted* its just genaral.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Why move it, its just a general topic, can you please just leave it where it was *text deleted* its just genaral.

*text deleted* but it has nothing to do with joining the Royal Marines :smile1:

apart from the fact we all may die and never join *text deleted*

its still here so its no big deal ! although the whole form might not be here next week if this ting goes down :suspicious:

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* but it has nothing to do with joining the Royal Marines :smile1:

apart from the fact we all may die and never join *text deleted*

its still here so its no big deal ! although the whole form might not be here next week if this ting goes down :suspicious:

yeah fair enough but its a general topic and people which can be future marines might not get the chance so it can be Marine related :cheesy:

Anyway this black hole better not happen

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
You're on about the Large Hadron Collider right? They say it MAY create micro black holes which I very much doubt would suck the earth up instantly. As for the experiment, Im still betting that it'll flash some lights & make some noise before smoke starts appearing. It'll only be on for something like 1/100th or 1/1000th of a second from what I remember. I still don't want to take any chances... who has a sister :cheesy:

billybambino

Reaction score
Apparently the world will end next wednesday :sad2:
These stupid scientists (they are American- typical) are testing their own made black hole, i think if this black hole develops we will suffer from earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions etc and eventually we will get sucked in and within 1/10th of a second we will be dead :sad:

I dont think this will happen, i think its a load of bull but has anyone else heard of this as it was in the papers and its been on the radio alot.

Im not sure what to believe.

its completely impossible for this to happen, i cba saying why as it would take ages

ChrisL

Reaction score
Micro black holes, also called quantum mechanical black holes or mini black holes, are tiny black holes for which quantum mechanical effects play an important role. In theory, a black hole can have any size or mass above the Plank mass. Under some speculative theories, primordial black holes were created during the big bang at the earliest stages of the evolution of our universe. In 1974 Stephen Hawking argued that due to quantum effects, such primordial black holes could "evaporate" by a theoretical process now referred to as Hawking Radiation in which particles of matter would be emitted. Under this theory, the smaller the size of the micro black hole, the faster the evaporation rate, resulting in a sudden burst of particles as the micro black hole suddenly explodes. Searches[1] for such evaporating micro black holes are planned for the GLAST satellite launched in June of 2008, which will search for gamma ray bursts which should be associated with such evaporation.

It is believed that the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) could produce one of these micro black holes. Although the Standard Model of particle physics predicts that LHC energies are far too low to create black holes, some extensions of the Standard Model posit the existence of extra spatial dimensions, in which it would be possible to create micro black holes at the LHC[2][3][4] at a rate on the order of one per second. According to the standard calculations these are harmless because they would quickly decay by Hawking radiation.[citat

There you go guys think we will all be fine! And if it does happen get all the pusi u can get

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A black hole being created from the LHC is EXTREMELY unlikely. And if one does appear, it would be so inconceivably small that it would disappear so quickly we wouldn't even notice its presence.

GUYS, DONT WORRY WE WILL NOT DIE.

It would have the same effect as a pigeon in London farting and the compressed gas traveling to Australia and rustle a leaf.

rofl.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
A black hole being created from the LHC is EXTREMELY unlikely. And if one does appear, it would be so inconceivably small that it would disappear so quickly we wouldn't even notice its presence.

GUYS, DONT WORRY WE WILL NOT DIE.

It would have the same effect as a pigeon in London farting and the compressed gas traveling to Australia and rustle a leaf.

rofl.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

J

Jason_A

*text deleted* if you lot believe all this sh!t then you'll believe anything.

Does anyone here even know how black holes work? First of all, the amount of energy needed to create them is enormous. It is feasible, but very unlikely. Secondly, black holes give off Hawking radiation. Even as we speak, the black holes that exist in our galaxy are slowly giving off this radiation and are fizzling out.

So in the event that this thing DOES create a black hole, it will only be for a fraction of a fraction of a second, and it will fizzle out before it has the chance to devour so much as a sandwich.

This new information also should tell you that the black holes that already exist will NOT in fact eventually eat up the entire universe. They will fizzle out and our lives will march onward until the REAL world-ender rears its ugly head.

What about the 2012 Aplocalypse that is meant to happen on the 21, December 2012? That's a load of bullsh!t too. Ever since the 6/6/6 (June 6, 2006) End of the World scenario did not pan out, the scare mongers have been touting the 2012 End of the World scenario. When 2012 does not happen either, I am sure they will think of something else. Just because some calender (mayan calender) ends it means of the end of the world. Somehow I don't think so. Some kinda planet is going to hit earth...hmmm...why this specific date? I do know however that it's a normal winter solstice, only one difference. Our sun (and earth) will align with the center of our milky-way galaxy. Our earth also completes its 26,000 year wobble. They say the earth will completely spin in a matter of days (or even hours) meaning the north & south pole will swap positions, causing world-wide disasters. Still, I can't see much happening, other than perhaps people queuing for the PS4? :P

Many Dutch prepare for 2012 apocalypse
Tom Cruise plans $10 million underground bunker to prepare for end of world

Hate to burst your bubbles, but we're all going to live!

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well the scientists have been playing the risk down apparently, but it is still there is a chance, and what will I get after they risk the world, *text deleted**text deleted* all! And to be honest it's not really fair that humans should get to risk the world. The fact is we don't know what will happen, and you can hardly compare unknown science to the 2012 theory. It's like smashing bricks together to see what's inside, but when we smash them open there is a very, very, very small chance that we'll all die.

EDIT: Why the *text deleted* were you on a site like "celebitchy" :worried:

J

Jason_A

That's what scare mongers do. Unfortunately, the minority of gullible people believe such sh!t.

CrapHat

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that a human being can create something like this.
Its a load of rubbish if you ask me. If it really was as dangerous as they make it out to be then why isn't it headline news?

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It is, it was on the news this morning and I have the feeling it will be beginning to get in the news more towards the actual experiment.

@CrapHat we have landed people on a different planet, this is within our reaches.

I guess there is no point arguing as we will find out soon :cheesy: