End of week 1

Reaction score
Hi,

My boyfriend had some time today to call me, as they went on the train to Exeter with a list of kit they needed to buy.

He says he has very much enjoyed his first week of RT, though it has mostly been admin and he had to a lot of extra push ups as well as writing a 2 page essay as he forgot to clean the mud off the bottom of his boots ;) he shall not be forgetting that again in a hurry he he! :cheesy:

He told me that this week has been really busy and he has not been getting to bed before 2am and then up at 5ish, but this should get better later on. I asked him what the food was like, he said its good but they have to eat mega fast to get onto the next thing all the time and they shower about 5 times a day :amazed:

He told me that he is really looking forward to me coming to family day, and so am I. The week seemed so long waiting to hear from him and then he popped up on my phone when I wasn't even expecting it, happy days. It was very difficult to not get too emotional and I was a bit snappy to begin with but I am guessing this is normal? All my friends tell me "I don't know how you are coping", but what else is there to do?

This is about all I know for now :)

Macky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Lot of respect for both your fella and you! Your posts are very interesting seeing what it feels like from the other side :amuse:

vasco3

Reaction score
Very glad he rang and a compliment to you that he managed as they are so tired and focused it's hard for them to recall how important it is to stay in contact with family and girl friends. Do be patient with him and after this three weeks I am sure it will get better - he'll have admin weighed off and less frequently needing to be up until 0200 trying to fit everything in.

Lots of family talk of the roller coaster of CTC and it really is lots of ups and downs. Not long til families day which will be fab and then Easter leave to look forward to as well. You sound as if you are coping really well too!

Good luck to both of you

JMW123

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that with us. A big amount of respect to you for sticking with your other half through this, i am sure he is going to need your help loads throughout training !

Hope you have a nice day down at Lympstone :)

GingerjoeRM

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that with us. A big amount of respect to you for sticking with your other half through this, i am sure he is going to need your help loads throughout training !

Hope you have a nice day down at Lympstone :)
Can't say it better :bigsmile: