Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Endurance training

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by MEfan19, Jul 27, 2019.

1. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Passed PRMC recently, and was doing well at everything but Bottom Field. I was told that the main thing I need to work on for the next 2 months is endurance training. Sprints in the morning and runs in the afternoon was something the staff recommended. Anything else that would give me an edge for RT (especially bottom field) would be greatly appreciated.

2. sharpe

sharpe Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Got to say the best placed guys in the business have told you what to do so I’d focus on that.

3. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah fair enough. Just sounded too simple for the not so simple bottom field.
    I'll get to it anyway

4. sharpe

sharpe Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I think it’s just you’ll never have coped with Minimal sleep, incredible activity levels so means you’re always playing catch up. Get as much endurance into your legs beforehand, double sessions so you try and get an appreciation of working with a fatigued body! All I meant was no one knows better than the guys delivering the training how to prepare

5. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

RT is mainly about running. So get the miles in, but incorporate hill sprints and/or Fartlek running into your regime. Also consider rowing as a CV exercise once or twice a week. Plenty of programmes around, or contact @Illustrious who will give you sound advice in that area.

Good luck

Alan

• Like Like x 1
  6. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    How much rest should I give my legs? I hope that's not a stupid question because I know the Marines push you to uses them day in day out, but at the same time I want to make sure my training is effective.

7. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

You need to rest at least one a day a week in order to give the body time to recover. Also consider just gentle exercise such as swimming on another day.

In short, a total of five days of hard exercise with one day of gentle exercise in the middle and then one day of complete rest each week. Such as:

Mon and Tuesday: Hard
    Wednesday: Swimming
    Thursday, Friday and Saturday: Hard
    Sunday: Rest

Alan

• Like Like x 2
  8. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ok. Thanks a lot for the advice! I'll take it on board.

• Like Like x 1