England Result

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Well at least anyone joining up from England won't miss any matches whilst in training next year.

Gaz

Reaction score
Was a joke! :evil: Wasn't a penalty for a start! An Paul Robinson is usless! If it wasn't for the fact I got to finish work early and there was plenty of beer at my mates house, I would have been really upset! *text deleted* :*text deleted*:

Gaz

Reaction score
Know what your saying PAGreenwell, the excuses will come out. No John Terry, no Ashley Cole, bad ref, all that crap! :evil: :evil:

All our "Big" players only play well in there club teams because they are surrounded by good players! (maybe not Owen, and thats from a Newcastle fan! *text deleted* :*text deleted*: )

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
don't forget that plastic pitch, *text deleted*

yep because our players would have been more suited to a 1970's grass less pitch in minus 2 degress celcius. That pitch suited us more than it did the opposition, after all 90% of there players had hardly played on it either, maybe 2-3 games. So good to see that no one is blaming that.

Plus what was going on with the fixtures, we were number 1 seeds. We got to pick when and where we played people. Who the bloody hell selected to go to Moscow in October. Surely we could have played them at a better time of year.

I'm half glad we are out, we'd have been out first round anyway playing against anyone half decent. Much better we sack this idiot now and get someone decent in. Murinho 16/1 for the job.

GW

Gaz

Reaction score
Whooooooo GW, were not out yet! But I agree to get rid of Steve McLaren, not a big enough personality to manage England! :x

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
there is only so much blame a manager can take...

the players need to take some one the flack too.

robinson has to one of the 1st names to be dropped!

Gaz

Reaction score
Steve Harper is the man for the job! He's twice the keeper Robinson is!

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Gaz said:
Steve Harper is the man for the job! He's twice the keeper Robinson is!

when fit.......ben foster.........i cannot describe how good this lad is.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Gees is harper English?, why his is name not even mentioned? He's had a blinding start to the season,not much in it between him and Given.

If I'd have known he was English I'd have scratched my head watching Robinson over the year. I thought that it was Robinson or James and it's not much of a choice.

Too be fair though what is the point in us qualifying? we'd be out first round anyway.

If we fail to qualify along with Scotland, they are on about brining back a mini home nations competetion next year. I'd rather be in that with a new manager than Euro 2008 with McLaren.

GW

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i think its a case over payed players....i really dont think some of them give a toss.

i think if hargreaves was playin that would of stopped them a bit more...but thats by the by now.

Gaz

Reaction score
Harper is a legend! We have some of the best players in the world. It's either they can't play together or they are getting the wrong instructions. Don't know which becasue we have had pretty much the same players for one Euro Championship and one World Cup....??? :? :?

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Gaz said:
Harper is a legend! We have some of the best players in the world. It's either they can't play together or they are getting the wrong instructions. Don't know which becasue we have had pretty much the same players for one Euro Championship and one World Cup....??? :? :?

i like newcastle...im a united fan....but i have always liked newcastle as a football club.

given is class...great keeper!

Gaz

Reaction score
I have to like United because my girlfriend and a few of the lads suppoert them. Do cheer them on in the Champions League, great night in 1999! Been to Old Trafford too, nearly as good as St. James Park! *text deleted* :*text deleted*:

Do you play at all Alan? Mind you i've just seen your fitness programme and there isn't much time to squeeze anything else in! :D

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i used to play football...but gave it up about 2 years ago...i was a keeper...but got booted in the head during a game and broke a finger at the same time...and got massive scar from it..(the kick in my head..not breaking my finger)

i played for the army..so was at a pretty good standard.

but now...cant be arsed...even if i could fit it in *text deleted*

thats why i rate foster so highly...never seen a keeper like him...his kicking and alround agility is sensational

Gaz

Reaction score
Yeah i'll give you that, he is good, needs to get some games though!

Fair play getting a game when in the army, heard it is a good standerd!

Got a few scares myself from playing, centre back so always getting kicked! Thinking about jacking it in now though, seen a few of the boys picking up injuries, I had one not long a go. Would really f@*K my training up if I got a bad one! :?

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well i cant see england gettting through..i really cant....gutted i tell thee!

the one thing i love is my football and to have a euro's and us not be there....SHOCKING!!

marcus2007

Reaction score
I used to play football, started about 3 months after finishing playing rugby. Still had all my rugby tactics in my head and had numerous hand balls :*text deleted*:

New Threads