English and Maths tests on PRMC

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
maths and english test on your prmc?

arite lads, just wanted to know if you can fail your prmc by not doing so well in your maths and english computer test or what ever it is.
i only passed my pycometric test by 1 point! so im not the brightest person but im not thick as pig sh*t if you know what i mean, my G.C.S.E's were just so so scores like, so anyway what is the script on this? can you fail or does it take scores off your prmc or what ????

cheers lads

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i don't think it is a major problem, it will probably involve the basics anyway, but like you, i did'nt do well at GCSE's. I'm sure it is just to give them an idea of what level you are at. Once in RT you can get extra support i believe.

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
qualifications at PRMC

Hi everyone,

Is it true that if you have qualifications ie GCSE's, then you dont have to achieve as good marks on your phys at PRMC? One of my mates did his PRMC and that is what one of the Corporals told him, he still failed.

Im not hoping this would be the case for me, just asking.

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
News to me but probably a complete load of bull! Corpral was probably taking the piss.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You make it sound as if not many applicants have GCSE's.:biggrin:

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, can't see that being true. :unsure:

chris1988

Reaction score
prmc

is it true that you can be exempt from the maths and english tests if you bring your GCSE certificates because i read a diary of a prmc, but wasnt 100% sure need help on this guys, cheers lads!

Luke023

Reaction score
you do not have to take your cirtificates with you for prmc as your grades will already be on the computer from when you fillled out your application form. if you have a C or above in maths you will and be exempt from the test and the same goes for english

chris1988

Reaction score
hey guys was just wondering wether u can be exempt from doing the english and maths tests if you bring your GCSE certificates?

i read a diary of some1 who went just need some clarification on this

Oz22

Reaction score
If you achieved a C or above in your GCSE's you don't need to retake them.

SandTiger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I left school at a young age to be home educated, so i have no GCSE's.

I wasn't a smart person in school, neither out of school. I'm probably going to fail on the Maths, English, and the other bits.

I was wondering without these, will it still be possible to become a Royal Marines Commando, or will i be wasting there time?

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
It's possible to pass the tests quite easily if you put your mind to it and do the work to achieve the pass - this is what they want you to do :bigsmile:

Do that, and you're definatly not wasting their time.

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Is it true that if you have qualifications ie GCSE's, then you dont have to achieve as good marks on your phys at PRMC? One of my mates did his PRMC and that is what one of the Corporals told him, he still failed.

Im not hoping this would be the case for me, just asking.

thats not true....if your scores are really good on the phycometric test then you do the PRMC the same as normal. but if you do really *text deleted**text deleted* you have to get over 11.5 on the bleep test or something like that, and they will probably be watching you more.

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I left school at a young age to be home educated, so i have no GCSE's.

I wasn't a smart person in school, neither out of school. I'm probably going to fail on the Maths, English, and the other bits.

I'm coming up 15 years 9months soon and i was wondering without these, will it still be possible to become a Royal Marines Commando, or will i be wasting there time?

well you wont be wasting there time as long as you can pass the phycometric test.

New Threads