English GCSE's

CrapHat

Reaction score
I can't remember if i've asked this question already or not, but I have checked all my previous posts and I can't find anything so...

Is it English Lanuage or English Literature GCSE or both that you need to become an officer?

Thanks.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You must have English Language and Maths GCSE amongst the 5 GCSE's A* to C grades. English Lit can be amongst the 5, but English Language is mandatory.

CrapHat

Reaction score
Ok thank you.

Also do you accept GCSE re-sit grades or do you look at the original ones you get from school? I am going to have to re-sit both Maths and English Lang.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Ok thank you.

Also do you accept GCSE re-sit grades or do you look at the original ones you get from school? I am going to have to re-sit both Maths and English Lang.
How did you pass English Lit and not language?
It's usually the other way round,
did you just miss a C?

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is it actually 5 A*-C's or is it the point equivilant of that?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Re-sits are fine as long as they are GCSE or Scottish, Irish or Commonwealth direct GCSE equivalents.

GNVQ's and suchlike are not accepted as equivalents unfortunately (despite colleges telling people certain qualifications are the "equivalent of 4 GCSE's" they aren't in the services unfortunately.)

CrapHat

Reaction score
How did you pass English Lit and not language?
It's usually the other way round,
did you just miss a C?
I got a D in both but i was predicted C :evil:

I also have a distinction* from a first diploma course i did and it said "This course is equivalent in level to Intermediate GNVQ or 3 - 4 GCSEs at A, B, C grades. (Level 2)" And i got level 1 numeracy key skills if that means anything?
Probably not though.

CrapHat

Reaction score
Ah *text deleted* you read my mind even before i posted the question in my edited post Ninja.

Thanks anyway.