Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Ensuring fitness post pass out

Discussion in 'Pass Out' started by interestedcivvy, Aug 13, 2015.

1. interestedcivvy

interestedcivvy New Member

It's safe to assume that a RM who has just passed out is in absolute peak physical fitness.

Given that when they join thier respective units they won't be spending all day every day doing phys and getting punished with extra phys for small indiscretions., how is optimum fitness maintained?

Are there mandatory daily gym sessions and runs?

2. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

I think once they pass out they are physically knackered I also believe the phys continues!

3. VerlorenHoop

VerlorenHoop Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    They definitely do a lot of phys as part of their day-to-day. But as they're not necessarily trying to build you towards anything, such as the Commando tests, I don't think it's as intensive. I would imagine there's a degree of expectation that you keep yourself in some kind of form!

4. Sendit

Sendit Royal Marines Commando

I was speaking to a ML officer recently and he said there is daily 'troop phys' sessions in the morning. Which usually includes a run or a circuit ect. And then most lads will do their own fitness in the evening, but he said the troop sessions are generally quite relaxed

5. Mr D

Mr D Well-Known Member

The intensity of the phys sessions when you get to your unit will to a large degree depend on who's taking them,obviously if the guy is a pti then the sessions will be just as tough as at CTC.

6. Pingedsole

Pingedsole Well-Known Member

My son has a whatsapp group with the guys who were in his section and a few others. He showed me a message from the other day when pretty much the conversation went like this:

Names have been changed to protect the innocent :)

joe bloggs: Anyone else mega tired

Fred Smith: Yes

joe bloggs: All I want to do is sleep

Davie Jones: Yeee am noddin off everywhere

joe bloggs: glad it's not just me then

son: come back to ctc and we can all do some phys together. I have nowt else to do

joe bloggs: [email protected]@k that

Fred Smith: eh no thanks

Davie Jones: pi$$ off

• Hoofin Hoofin x 3