Entry criteria for POC

irishaggis

Reaction score
I have recently received my A level results and attained 140 UCAS points I know I need 180 as minimum but what I was wondering was are UCAS points used on the POC to differentiate between candidates or is it based purely on your performance on POC as to who goes forward to AIB?

Reaction score
I don't think you can take the POC with anything less than 180 points. Why would they waste your time in starting the joining process if you are ineligible to join?

irishaggis

Reaction score
I understand i need 180 to be accepted but what i wanted know was once you are accepted for poc is then based puerely on your performance on the course?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you are completely eligible to apply for Officer, the Potential Officer Course assesses your suitability, largely through physical assessment, but also your organisational skills.

The AIB further assesses your potential to be trained to become an effective Officer, able to lead, manage, inspire, organise, instruct etc.

The academic qualifications are a minimum requirement to be eligible to attend a Recruiting Test & Sift interview before POC much as age, gender, height, weight, medical suitability, nationality, residency, criminality etc.