Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

EU vote

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by ThreadpigeonsAlpha, Jan 16, 2019.

1. KenDoll

KenDoll Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    If you want a good laugh I recommend looking through the comments section of the BBC articles relating to Brexit. Alot of remoaners on their with nothing useful to say... It makes me question why the leavers are portrayed as the uneducated ones?

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  2. Moonduster

Moonduster Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I listened to Today on Radio 4 this morning for the first time in a while. I used to be an avid listener but got bored about a year ago by the non-stop Brexit propoganda.

First item on the 7am news this morning was that 'research commissioned by the BBC' warned that a no deal brexit would lead to chaos.

How are these people allowed to keep getting away with this!? While I am thoroughly *text deleted**text deleted* off by it all I am also embarrassed for them. To think that one possible outcome is that Article 50 could be delayed by several months so that the whole thing can roll on is almost beyond comprehension.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    • Like Like x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. glos94

glos94 Well-Known Member

When I was watching the endless amendments the other night I was imagening the queen walking in flanked by guards and 'This is Sparta" kicking the speaker.

• Like Like x 2
  5. rkec

rkec New Member

The BBC used to go round in the 70's and 80's with a van that they claimed could detect signals being received from a TV. Not sure how that is even possible now, never mind then. If your TV is broadcasting Eastenders to the world then fair enough, but not receiving.

As soon as the internet was born, this claim was rubbished.

The technology was always garbage, they lied in order to get people to admit it in court, they never once produced any evidence from this van. The idea that they can detect what channel you are watching on TV is crazy.

Cancel your tv license, then withdraw implied rights to access your property. If they come on it, they are trespassing and will be prosecuted.

It's a corrupt Soviet era styled propaganda unit

• Like Like x 5
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

If Article 50 is postponed even supposedly only for a few weeks I'll wager that the UK never leaves the EU.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    The audacity of it though, is if you have a laptop or a phone/tablet it is implied that because you can watch “TV” (BBC Iplayer) and that you are liable to pay the TV License.
    It’s an absolute joke. They can suck my plums.

• Like Like x 2
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  8. kilofoxtrot

kilofoxtrot New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I fear that if that is the case then we may have a repeat of 1642-51.

I can't see them extending it personally, they know that civil unrest would follow and they don't want their career to be remembered as one that caused that.

9. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

The fact we pay 135 pound bi-monthly for the most biast news production service is the worst law our country has.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  10. rkec

rkec New Member

BBC will try to switch to a Broadband tax at their next charter renewal. They'll drop the TV tax and switch to a broadband collection because they will claim more people watch them on broadband now.

Not sure if they will get away with it. Personally, can't see any other way they will survive as people cancel their TV licenses.

At first I thought I'd just cancel it and break the law in keeping on watching it. In truth, now, I genuinely don't think I watch live tv that much if at all. The little bits I do watch, I could stop and barely notice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  11. rkec

rkec New Member

Rumours doing the rounds in France that plain clothes operatives battling the Yellow Vests in France aren't French Police.

The French Police signalling private support for the Yellow Vests, yet these plain clothes guys being punitive on the protestors. Are the plain clothed individuals even French at all? That would be something if they turned out to be foreign security forces in France.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
    • Seen Seen x 1
  12. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Heard the same rumour. Also heard an as of yet unsubstantiated claim of Snipers spotted in the city.

The yellow vest protests and its handling by the media has been horrendous.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    The absolute audacity, of this complete and utter disgusting sack of skin and waste of oxygen.

Arrogant pr1ck.

The people will not be broken.

• Nailed It Nailed It x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. rkec

rkec New Member

I loved it pal. The noise coming from his mouth was the first time I've seen them flap. That my friend was "nothing else is working, let's try anything", desperate move.

Sounded to me like he wrapped his bits in on trying to get us to stay. It brought a massive smile to my face.

15. glos94

glos94 Well-Known Member

Hell is probably better than the EU anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  16. rkec

rkec New Member

Certainly cheaper

• Like Like x 2
  17. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Make no mistake. As soon as the referendum result was announced. The Bloc almost certainly made a pact that whatever happens they would make the U.K. pay politically for leaving. Under no circumstances would it be allowed for the U.K. to benefit in any way by being out of Bloc!!

They’ve played hardball and have shown their true colours during these negotiations. Arrogant smug bastards!! We should’ve walked away a long time ago! In the short term I accept we will probably feel extreme negativity from the exit as we are so intertwined with the EU! So a hard brexit would inevitably lead to a short term difficulty! However I do believe we have the ability to thrive in the medium to long term??

Hearing this comment from Trusk today has made me even more determined to *text deleted* the EU off!!

For those who need a further look at the workings of the EU take a look at.

Inside Europe: ten years of turmoil.

On BBC2. A real eye opener on their negotiating strategies and the brutal nature of their thinking!! Quite shocking. I’m glad we are getting out!!

• Nailed It Nailed It x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  18. rkec

rkec New Member

Not sure on that mate. I think that until recently they thought they could get us to leave in name only, whilst actually staying in, then we'd change our minds and come back fully. I don't think they really believed it would happen.

The block collapses without the UK. Suddenly 6-7 of those countries who were net recipients now becomes net contributors. Saying that, the EU was going to collapse with the UK anyway, without the UK it will be much sooner. Just a matter of time.

I couldn't believe they were going to give them 39bn. Just to put that into scale for some people. That's about 90,000 police officers, car, fuel, pensions, each year for 10 years.

• Like Like x 1
  19. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

The negotiations from the very outset have been completely one sided! The complete and utter nut sack, Michel Barnier has been a complete and utter turd! His approach has been smug and arrogant. And as a “negotiator” not a politician he was clearly acting on the instructions of the Bloc!! Now it’s coming to the thin end of the wedge, they are *text deleted* it!! Good!! The whole lot of the total throbbers can piss off!! I’ll get the pints in at Hotel Lucifer!

• Like Like x 4
  20. rkec

rkec New Member

Today the Irish man child of a Taoiseach (PM) gave EU's Junker a card. This evening it was revealed what that card said. Sadly, I don't think it is a spoof. I think it is real.

junker.png