Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

European elections: Who will you vote for?

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by glos94, Apr 23, 2019.

?
  1. Conservatives

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Labour

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lib Dems

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Brexit party

21 vote(s)
    65.6%
  5. UKIP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Greens

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. Change UK

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  9. Not voting

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  10. EU elections won't happen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. glos94

glos94 Well-Known Member

Curious to see if you think the elections will take place and if so who do you fancy.

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Listened to political analysts talking about this on BBC World Service Radio at silly o'clock this morning. The discussion was about the signal voting (or not voting) sends to the political class.

One opinion expressed was that not voting can be interpreted as either apathy or as being an explicit 'vote' for a No Deal BREXIT because it clearly rejects any desire to be involved with the EU. The lowest ever turnout for this EU election (if it happens) would be a very clear signal.

I'm so disillusioned with our political establishment that I do not intend to vote. It will be the first time in my life I have not voted.

3. Rover

Rover Moderator

Farage reveals new Brexit Party candidates including an SBS officer who won the military's second highest medal.

James Glancy, a retired Captain in the Royal Marines awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross for fighting in Afghanistan, said he was compelled to stand because he felt politicians were 'undermining democracy' and 'our leadership is humiliating the British public on the international stage'.

Mr Glancy, who served in the Special Boat Service, is now an environmentalist and will bolster the party's green credentials, as his leader has previously questioned the impact of climate change.
    :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  4. glos94

glos94 Well-Known Member

Is this him?

tps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48034732

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rover

Rover Moderator

Ann Widdecombe does not have a Conspicuous Gallantry Cross for fighting in Afghanistan. ;)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  6. Rover

Rover Moderator

From a post on OAMAAM....

BREXIT simplified!

Parliament have said no to Theresa's deal and they've said no to no deal though some of them said yes to no deal but no to Theresa's deal but not as many that said no to no deal and no to Theresa's deal. Although they don't actually have a deal of their own which is a big deal because without a deal then no deal is more likely to be the deal that's dealt and the people who want the deal can't be dealing with that.
    o_O:confused:-doctor-

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. rkec

rkec Member

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  8. R

R Well-Known Member

The intention always was to subvert the peoples choice and prevent an exit in any real form. We are definitely living through interesting times. May has allowed the EU to box per position, I do wonder what she has been promised when the dust settles. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I cast my vote last week by post. In the referendum I voted Remain because I considered it the best option. I continue to hold that belief but last week I voted BREXIT because democracy has been undermined by the political establishment (Conservative, Labour, etc.) at Westminster and I consider that to be a bigger issue than a No Deal BREXIT.

• Like Like x 8
  10. R

R Well-Known Member

I personally couldn't in good conscious vote for Britain to remain. Having just buried one monster the Soviet Union, The European Union is being built.

"The soviet union, which was governed by 15 unelected people, who appointed each other and weren't accountable to anyone, the European Union is governed by 2 dozen people, who appoint each other, meet in secret, not accountable to anyone, and we cannot sack." - Vladimir Bukovsky.

There isn't really democracy while the UK is part of the EU, and sooner or later if we dont leave, there will be a formal federalisation of all remaining powers to Brussels, demoting the shame that is Westminster to that of a Colony State Council. That is unless the EU collapses under its toxic debt burden, in which case I'm sure our politicians will be at the front of the queue to sign up for the EU's reincarnation under another name -banghead-

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  11. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Arguably the BREXIT fiasco to date is a fine example of how our own sovereign parliament strives to deny the people democracy without any help from the EU.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. R

R Well-Known Member

I completely agree, which I'm sure is why so many people are mildly irritated with the political class. But plastic drink stirrers are getting banned. Cheers! Don't remember that in any manifestos.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1