Evening all

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright everyone, Firstly would like to apologise for not been in on here for months and months, never seemed to find the time to be honest and when I did was to busy nursing a hangover!!

Anyway I joined my original troop way back in February and left in week 4 for Hunter, after spending 6 weeks there joined another troop and got to week 24 before rejoining Hunter 3 weeks ago.

Made some of the best mates in that troop which I’ll stay in touch with forever,

Hopefully only got another 3 weeks or so in here so can crack back on with training.For the first week I was depressed as fook, mainly for leaving my mates and also my pass out was meant to be the day we break up for Christmas so absolutely threaders!! Now I’m looking at February sometime.

Anyway on the up side I helped build the bonfire and balancing on that thing 30ft high isn’t the most ideal job for someone in hunter but then again its different!! And its *text deleted* burn!!

If anyone’s got any questions please ask as this site helped me out a lot so want to repay the favour!

Hope your all good

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ha ha cheers mate it does make you a better person for joining but 32 weeks is long enough in this place never mind 44!! But just *text deleted* get on with it.

As for the worst things in training :-

MUD RUNS
KIT MOUNTAINS
QUICK CHANGES
KIT MUSTERS
CAMP CIRCUITS
STRESS POSITONS
ROUNDS
LOCKER INSPECTIONS
SENTRY
HARD ROUTINE

As for the best things in training:-

GOING THROUGH ALL THE ABOVE WITH YOUR CLOSEST MATES LOOKING AT EACH OTHER AND SMILING, THINKING IS THAT ALL THEY CAN THROW AT US.

Seriously the first 3-4 weeks is horrendous as its such a shock to the system but after that when you get to know your mates, they can throw anything in the world at you and you can take it on the chin and laugh and joke about it.

For example week 4 in training in my second troop someone left 2 weapons unattended, the result- 1 hour of quick changes, the biggest kit mountain you’ll ever see, 2 hours bottom field, and 2 hours in the mud!! (After spending 2 days in my new troop!)

Afterwords I just looked at my mate who joined me in hunter from our original troop and just gave each other that stare (WHAT THE …….) and hugged and joked about it!! That will stay with me forever and leaving him in week 24 was probably my lowest part in training.

Before I joined if someone told me half the things I have been through I wouldn’t of even entered the careers office, but it’s the best decision I ever made.

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well bloody done *text deleted*!! not that i no but sounds like uve had one of the hardest times as u have been to hunter company several times n to do almost 44 weeks of training must be hard:applaus:
what is a an average day for u? vague i no but what u can tell wud be awesome *text deleted*!
cheers stewie

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My questions too :). What is the longest run you've had to do ?, and in what time ?. Also, what happened that sent you into hunter mate.

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright lads

At the moment i'm injury free (touch wood) so just getting my fitness back up to what it should be for my week of training.

So at the moment a basic week for me in Hunter consists of - Monday Gym (circuits), Tuesday 6 mile speed march, Wednesday more circuit traning, Thursday 8mile load carry and friday beach run followed by more gym work, all this is done in the morning afternoons vary from lectures to weapon training, but most days you finish at 4 so not all bad

This is repeated every week so as you could imagine you get pretty fit!!.

As for recruit training each day varies, pointless trying to explain really if you got a good troop you'll have good days, a bad troop and well you know, "YOU LOT CAN STAND BY!"

As for your fitness, you dont really notice it, but we did a 4 mile run today with around 30lb of kit which we did in roughly 32mins so thats good enough for me!

Good luck with your applications