Everyday all day...

Aspiring87

Reaction score
Just a quick question really guys, Does training everyday really have an adverse effect on your body? I know muscles/fibres tear etc and need time to recover stronger and faster, but theres so many guys i see day in day out same time same place working out..
Is it okay to train for a working 5 day week and then have the weekend off?
Just wondering about RT aswell surley theres nearly physical activity everyday?? Or i could possibly be wrong, just wanted your opinions??

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, your muscles need time to repair. How fit you are will also determine how much you should rest.

In RT you get sundays off, and saturday afternoons as far as im aware, so thats your recovery time :toung: But remember there are lectures too within the week and not just PT.

Aspiring87

Reaction score
So Skippy in your opinion if your nearing PRMC standard you would be okay to do 6 days a week 1 day rest? i was just wondering because ive heard before, if you go the gym, you shouldnt go the next day etc...but if you feel alright and dont ache it should be okay i feel...

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
So Skippy in your opinion if your nearing PRMC standard you would be okay to do 6 days a week 1 day rest? i was just wondering because ive heard before, if you go the gym, you shouldnt go the next day etc...but if you feel alright and dont ache it should be okay i feel...
I went to the gym Saturday and Sunday. It is sore the next day but that just shows you have properly worked out.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Certain exercises should have breaks between, especially ones such as weights.
If its aching, it still needs time to repair. Listen to how your body feels as to how often you should work out.

Aches can lead to other problems if you shrug them off <-- advice of the physio.

If you feel confident your fitness is high enough to, work out for 6 days in the week and see how you feel afterwards, if you feel your still aching on the monday, or drained then you did too much.
Just advice I've had off ex-army PTI and Physio, obviously some peoples opinions will differ.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it is ok but only if you really know exactly what your doing. Olympic rowers train 3 times a day 7 days a week. Obv they will have rest days every few weeks or whatever.
if your *text deleted* do this you need a properly devised, scientific training plan, applying easy weeks/days/sessions at the right times, all sessions need to be cleverly devised at just the right intensity and nutrition would need to be spot on.

I would of thought it takes years of experience for a coach to be able to devise a training plan like that.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it is ok but only if you really know exactly what your doing. Olympic rowers train 3 times a day 7 days a week. Obv they will have rest days every few weeks or whatever.
if your *text deleted* do this you need a properly devised, scientific training plan, applying easy weeks/days/sessions at the right times, all sessions need to be cleverly devised at just the right intensity and nutrition would need to be spot on.

I would of thought it takes years of experience for a coach to be able to devise a training plan like that.
Yup, and the fact that these professional atheltes are built specificially for the exercise and routines they do - so they body becomes a beast doing it at the same time.

Taggart91

Reaction score
I went to the gym Saturday and Sunday. It is sore the next day but that just shows you have properly worked out.
I try and go to the gym everyday (i say try) and go running every other day.
My muscles always end up hurting, but i always thought if it hurts then you must be getting fitter:dontaskme:

et-adams

Reaction score
I like that, in your world, prizes are concealed behind doors. In my eyes they're on conveyor belts.

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You can go to the gym twice a day if you want. It's all about how you work out ie if you work out what I'd consider correctly (working a different muscle group each time) then you dont need to worry about recovery days, because each session is giving the muscle groups your not working a rest. Running is different. If you're sore from running, I have no idea what you should do. I normally run it off :)

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I like that, in your world, prizes are concealed behind doors. In my eyes they're on conveyor belts.
Well I could have said boxes too, always a fun way to get a prize.."the mystery box" etc.

But it reminded me of that *text deleted**text deleted* show with Noel edmonds:bigsmile:

et-adams

Reaction score
There's nothing '*text deleted**text deleted*' about Deal or No Deal. It should be the televisual choice of all PRMCs.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Must explain why Ex-gf watched that instead of other business!

Or maybe thats just me.. bollocks!

et-adams

Reaction score
Nah. It's bound to be Deal or no Deal. Any suggestion of a failing on your part I find frankly preposterous.

Layden23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
your best bet mate is to workout and train all week but take of wednesday and sat or sunday, take of two days but not after another. gets the best results, trust me

Aspiring87

Reaction score
Well considering ive just fractured my knee cap i dont think im going to the gym at all! *text deleted*!! *text deleted* Cheers for the advice though and when im back up and running ill be going everyday!

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Running 7 days a week is not good I think, but training 7 days a week is not bad like run 5 days a week then on the weekend just do circuits, it also depends how fit your are.