Ex-RM PTI- Fintan Circuit

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Fintan, Mar 18, 2009.

1. HotWet

HotWet Member

Only you'd know mate. If this was something you just jumped into and dug out blind and got done then it could be extreme fatigue in your legs but since you said you built up to this, it shouldn't take your legs 2weeks to recover. Like I said though, good effort either way

2. Harsh

Harsh Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    definitely sounds like an injury DOMS doesn't last 2 weeks and is normally eased by exercise

3. Jack98

Jack98 New Member

How was everyone's first attempt at this circuit? I felt KO'd after my first set this morning.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BeaHero93

BeaHero93 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Has anybody tried combining this with the Arny training plan?

Seems like an awesome circuit, I'm developing my fitness now about 1-2 weeks into it properly you reckon it's worth smashing this to the best of my ability even now?

I thought maybe for my strength a combination of this, Arny's gym training with the weighted vest and the 100 press-up/sit-up/pull-up challenge sheet I was given at AFCO today (and subsequently lost derp) could be a decent mix.

Thoughts/advices?

Edit: Also, do you still do your run's the same day as Fintan?! Sound's honking, a single 50m hill sprint after my runs on the way home get me hanging out my rear hole haha

5. ADonis

ADonis Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I started doing Fintans a while ago and they have definitely helped with all aspects of my training. The main thing I need to focus on is overall aerobic fitness, like long distance running and leg endurance, so change your circuits about to suit your needs and what you think you need to work on.
    For my circuit I started off doing 10 reps of each exercise and Ive slowly built it up to 15 which is an absolute killer. Since I need to work on leg endurance mostly I do 5 legs exercises one after the other to:

Push up
    Sit up
    Jumping lunges
    Burpees
    squats
    tuck jumps
    Mountain climbers
    V-up
    Push ups

• Like Like x 1
  6. john lewis

john lewis Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Make sure you've built up a base level of fitness before doing these pal

7. Canzmanz

Canzmanz Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I mixed it on with arny's plan
    Mon - BFT then 2xrmfa
    Tues - 8 miler then fintan
    We'd - rest sometimes swimming
    Thurs - 2xbft then a bleep test
    Fri - bleep test then fintan
    Sat - hill sprints with a 4 miler
    Sun - some dips then 2 x brig sally up challenge

8. john lewis

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I really want to do this circuit again but as I'm returning from shin splints it's probably not for the best. Would it work as reverse prowler drags between exercise and a 500m row at the end of each set instead?

9. hopefulbootneck

hopefulbootneck Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I've tried it using a keiser cycle bike instead of the sprints when i was suffering from a lower leg problem, still a tough killer of a circuit so i see no reason why it wouldn't work with your exercises :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Can you guys suggest the toughest bodyweight exercises that I can implement into a fintan, cheers.

11. john lewis

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    The toughest would be bastards, jump squats, jump lunges

12. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Aye that's all I can think of too mate, was wondering if there's any that I might not know of which are done at prmc?

13. john lewis

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Have to ask someone whose been there but think it's stuff like duck walks, bear crawls, drags, carries, then sit ups, press ups, squats, leg raises, jump lunges etc

• Like Like x 1
  14. Howzenland

Howzenland New Member

The best effort run of the two pitches, is that the length or the perimeter?

15. Canzmanz

Canzmanz Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Everyone finds different things tough, I really struggled with bunny hops, whilst other people find them easy.

16. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Technically, it doesn't matter as its all good fitness. The perimeter is best though as it is roughly 800... The same distance as a camp circuit.

17. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yeah that's true mate, i'll have to figure out which ones are the hardest for myself.

18. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Perimeter but if you wanted to build up to that you could sprint the length, jog the width.

19. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Hello, I think I'm going to start doing this circuit because by the sound of it, its one of the best in preparation for PRMC and training. But I've just got a few questions.
    1) How long does it approximately take.
    2) My current circuit consists of 13 exercises but 3 of them are gainers so would it be fine just to do them separately.
    3) Can you start with higher reps because as I've already been doing a circuit I've got more than 15.

Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance.

20. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Also do you have to do them 4 days in row or is it as long as you do them 4 times week, because I already do my current circuit 4 times a week, but not 4 days in a row.