Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Ex-RM PTI- Fintan Circuit

Discussion in 'Training Plans and Diet Suggestions' started by Fintan, Mar 18, 2009.

1. panderpop123

panderpop123 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Brilliant diary, just wondering how you found the beam compared to a regular pull up bar and what anyone would advise to help get used to the difference.
    Cheers!

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Goalpost, scaffolding pole, pull-up bar, etc., will all suffice as long as you do not use your thumb to grip, fingers only.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  3. panderpop123

panderpop123 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
  4. TheBreak

TheBreak Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Tried this circuit today for the first time.

My oats didn’t taste as good on the way back up. The sprints were fine, but that best effort two laps is a total killer!

I’ll be doing this on a frequent basis from now on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cheath

cheath Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Just done this for the first time. Can confirm, vomit everywhere!

• Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  6. jkk0701

jkk0701 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    I’m going to have a go at trying it in the next few days. What exercises should I put into it?

7. 06042020

06042020 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I'm new to circuit training like this, and tried it the first time the other day. Was a good workout!

As I'm new to it I'll ask a potentially daft question. In terms of 'sprinting' between the cones, I didn't manage 100% top speed of what I can sprint on each there and back. Is this normal?

Obviously you try and push your best effort, but if I had sprinted as fast as possible each time I'd have been dead for the body weight exercises and doubt I'd have been able to complete all the reps without lots of breaks.

8. browner467

browner467 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I’ve always treated it as Max effort sprints, so as fast as you can. You’re probably going to see your breakfast/lunch/dinner again. Welcome to the joys of Fintan.

9. Vine

Vine Valuable Contributor

It's all about building yourself up mate don't worry about what others are doing. Keep at it and work hard things get easier the more you do them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mattys

Mattys Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Going to start doing this only jut noticed it!

I know already I will struggle sprinting 100% for exercises but as long as I get the same mileage in that’s a good base to start from and I can go from there!

Can anyone suggest the best 9 exercises I can use for this which has the most benefits?

cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  11. browner467

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I use the following exercises when I do Fintan:
    Press Ups
    Squats
    Crunches
    Wide Arm Press Up
    Lunges
    Half Sit
    Close Arm Press Up
    Hill Climb
    V-Sit

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Had to google a few of them! *text deleted*

What sort of warm up do you do before you start off doing this circuit? Is it just a normal jog for a bit/stretches to get the heart going?
    Il do this circuit Mondays and Fridays to start with as itl be difficult to add in with runnings/strength training if I attempted this 4 days a week!
    Just laying out a 9 exercise to go by.

13. browner467

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    before training I usually just do some sort of pulse raiser followed by some dynamic/static stretching.

14. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    ohh yeah makes sense!

I’ve made this today I know the warm ups don’t seem much but the field I’ll be doing this on is a 2 mile cycle away so thatl be a bit of a warm up.
    Anything I could add to this or amend?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. john lewis

john lewis Venerated Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    This works, I’m *text deleted* try it with leg exercises. Did something similar with hill sprints when I was in depot and it was gopping but worked legs and lungs which are massively important in training

16. browner467

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Looks good - just remember to complete two laps of the pitch, at best effort, after each set.

17. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I’ll have to see how the 1st day of trying this goes especially after the 1st set!

Will give update after I’ve tried this Monday

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I tried yesterday with the workout I posted and not going to lie I struggled big time.
    When I completed 1 set I just sat there and took a long look at the ground ,

‘I didn’t realise how far 30m would be but when I measured it out I decided to sprint to and from rather than do the crawl back!
    The sprinting I managed better than I thought with!

My biggest struggle I wouldn’t say was catching my breathe it was doing exercises my body is not used to.
    Al though I finished the lunges my legs gave in on the 13/15 and I just fell to the floor.

I know no I do need to shed a lot of timber as I’m currently 15.4 and that is no weight to be when it comes to high intensity workouts or just running in general so I will stick with doing this until I can comfortable increase on it and will shed the weight as this is my 1 priority now after attempting this!

• Like Like x 4
  19. sharpe

sharpe Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    The published workouts should come with a health warning sometimes! You have to make sure what you’re attempting is realistic for your current levels. Use some common sense and build it up gradually

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    ‘Yeah of course I beleave it’s a good eye opener testing yourself with a routine like this so you can get a realisation of your fitness levels and actually how much you actually want this to push yourself.
    Doing 3 sets of this is not realistic for me currently I knew that near the end of the 1st set that if I carried on I would injure myself but I now know where I’m at with it.