Ex-RM PTI- Fintan Circuit

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I done this again yesterday but only 1 set again but this time I seemed to feel a bit better physically with it than I did Monday!

I’m going to attempt 2 sets Monday and Friday next week.

Few questions on this workout.

Is it better to do less exercises (I currently have 9) and add more sets so say 5 sets of 5 exercises and work on the most used or keep the variety at 3 sets of 9 exercises?

How often should this workout be used in a week based around other workouts if cycling/jogging/swimming etc is already being done to the point you don’t injure/burn yourself out?
It’s a great workout and I’m glad I came across it but due to the intensity just checking if this is something you do on a frequent weekly basis?

This sort of exercise how often is it done such as PT/bottom field at recruit training?

Royal2010

Commando Training Wing & Drill Instructor
Reaction score
@Royal2010 Any advice on this on how often this sort of workout is conducted at RT?
For the first 9 weeks, you conduct Phys pretty similar to this in the gym before gym pass out. Looking at 284 Troops old time table it's pretty much a little bit of something every day. It's progressive so you get a gym orientation, learn the rules (don't scratch, staying perfectly STILL). Some days are swims, sometimes they are worse than the gym sessions, sometimes they are stretch sessions. So yeah, it's a hangout. Get training :D

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
For the first 9 weeks, you conduct Phys pretty similar to this in the gym before gym pass out. Looking at 284 Troops old time table it's pretty much a little bit of something every day. It's progressive so you get a gym orientation, learn the rules (don't scratch, staying perfectly STILL). Some days are swims, sometimes they are worse than the gym sessions, sometimes they are stretch sessions. So yeah, it's a hangout. Get training :D
*text deleted* for that unfair Royal appreciate it

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Done another one of these sets yesterday and I’m definitely starting to feel much fresher for it aswell as feeling good progress!
I did 1 set and after that I decided to throw in some shuttle runs to replicate bleep test but instead of 20m I left it at 30m and did a total of these 30 times back and fourth at around 60% effort.
So I’ll do this workout again Friday then next week I’ll bump it up to 2 sets and go from there.