Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Example Corps Knowledge interview questions

Discussion in 'Royal Marines History and Knowledge' started by Ninja_Stoker, Jun 27, 2007.

1. GREEN55

GREEN55 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @Ninja_Stoker I have my prmc in a few weeks and I remember you posted a corps history/information pdf. I have had a look for it but cant seem to find it do you know what thread it is on? thank you in advance

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

3. GREEN55

GREEN55 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Firedrake

Firedrake Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I had my interview today. Passed. I got asked about the phases of training, commando tests, rates of pay and location of 40,42,43 and 45. I think the last question rolled on after I mentioned I had a child and therefore where I get based would have an effect. I also got asked about the birthday of the corps. Proudest moments, least proud moments. Family relationships. I think questions are asked based on answers given and your motivations for joining up.....Though don't take my word on it.

5. FRMCCK

FRMCCK Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there has been any questions on the Royal Navy? I know alot about the Corps, Birthday, Gibraltar, Falklands, units and locations, commando tests and training aswell as pay and what each element of the cap badge means but I'm curious as i havnt revised anything associated with the Navy apart from the assult ships.

Aswell as that, from what i have listed have i got the right kind of info? I have a week and a bit to prepare more but i dont want to waste time thinking i have it in the bag and i get there and get asked about VC winners and training in real detail (week by week) which i havnt look into that deeply.

Thanks for any help :)

6. rm.ash

rm.ash New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    when I did my PRMC they gave us all a written test about the royal marines but nothing about the royal navy, if I can remember rightly :). It was a case of put as much information as you can down about a certain topic, like all the VC winners, the units and there locations or even the commando tests(times for each, and weight carried on each).I think its just to show them you're that much more interested in the royal marine but if u miss a question or two its no biggie. if you are doing your PRMC next week or when ever good luck :).

7. FRMCCK

FRMCCK Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks pal, I'm not currently at the PRMC stage yet ive got my interview very soon and just making sure i can just fly through it. Your info is helpful though! :)

8. rm.ash

rm.ash New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    alright yeah i wasn't sure if u were updating your "app stage" haha. its alright :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

There's no hard and fast rule regarding Corps knowledge questions at interview. I usually ask the following standard stuff;

'How long is your contract and how quickly can you leave if you want out?"

"What is your pay when you join?"

"Tell me the ranks from Marine to Brigadier"

"What do 30 Commando do & where are they based?"

"Describe the main elements of recruit training and the commando tests"

"Tell me about the beret badge and what each element signifies"

"Describe the physical elements of PRMC and tell me your current best stats" (I make a mental note for the report so I can compare with their stats on PRMC).

If the person cannot answer any of the above I'll usually dig around a bit to see if they've done any research. If they answer everything without hesitation, I may probe a little further with regard VC's, what connects Hunter, Bamford & Finch with Recruit Training, etc. just to see if they have done their homework.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  10. FRMCCK

FRMCCK Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks Ninja, very helpful!

11. bhanzz

bhanzz New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Hey,

What would you do if the candidate didn’t know some of the answers to the questions you asked?

Thanks!

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

I'd probably question their motivation and defer their application, inviting them to do the homework and revisit that area of preparation a few weeks later.

It is a big mistake to imagine fitness alone is what we seek.

If they know a fair bit, I'd probably point out the areas requiring further research and maybe conduct a confidence check prior to prmc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. plaster1993

plaster1993 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi, I have my PRMC on the 14th of November. I dont really know much about the history of the corps, Badges or rank.

If i studied the 36 questions above do you think ill be ok?

any particularly good sites you guys use for studying?

Thanks.

14. corvus

corvus Member

Have you not received the prmc knowledge pack from your afco in an email? Double check if you've got it or not and if not pm me and I'll send you a copy.

• Like Like x 2
  15. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

• Like Like x 2
  16. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

You would not have seen an e-mail because one wasn't sent. It is down to each office how much info is given yours is obviously mean! :mad:
    Try a Google search of key elements of Royal Marine Training.
    G

• Like Like x 1
  17. plaster1993

plaster1993 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I'm finding out what they do in training but what does it mean when they ask "Key elements"

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    When was the Corps Founded, how many Units and locations, current deployments, that sort of thing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Marines

;)

19. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I understand that a knowledge of the 'key elements' of training gives one a broad overview of what training entails and the order in which it is delivered.

I'm not a Royal Marine but I swiftly navigated Google to learn that the key elements of Royal Marines training include:

Phase 1: Individual skills
    Phase 2: Team tactics and commando skills
    Phase 3: Commando course

Read more about this stuff here:

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/career...oyal-marines-commando/whats-the-training-like

To be honest you've got ample time before your PRMC to get a grip of everything you need to know. Get stuck in and you'll soon be much more confident about it. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gregor1995

Gregor1995 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

Is this to be expected at prmc?
    Is the test done as a group or individually?