Example Recruiting test booklet.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Got a letter in the post today, telling me my Recruiting Test is in less than a week :eek: . Took a look through the booklet that came and did the tests/examples. I scored 27 out of 32, broken down into 8/8, 8/8, 7/8 and 4/8. I completed all of the questions in the time, usually in 3 mins, when 4 have been given.

The section I lost it on, 4/8 was n Mechanical comprehension simply because I hadn't done any like it before. So are there any online ones, for the Mechanical reasoning section? I know there are for the Verbal and Numerical.

Also, how well did you guys do, first time doing the little booklet?

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Got a letter in the post today, telling me my Recruiting Test is in less than a week :eek: . Took a look through the booklet that came and did the tests/examples. I scored 27 out of 32, broken down into 8/8, 8/8, 7/8 and 4/8. I completed all of the questions in the time, usually in 3 mins, when 4 have been given.

The section I lost it on, 4/8 was n Mechanical comprehension simply because I hadn't done any like it before. So are there any online ones, for the Mechanical reasoning section? I know there are for the Verbal and Numerical.

Also, how well did you guys do, first time doing the little booklet?

When do you take this?

Joe

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It is the first thing after the Initial Presentation/interview. AKA Phychrometric test.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
It is the first thing after the Initial Presentation/interview. AKA Phychrometric test.

Cheers,
let us now how you get on,
but to be honest from your scores so far it sounds like you'll ace it,
just get some revision in this week.

Joe

USMC 1802

US Marines Officer
Reaction score
Check out this link for practice tests:
http://www.4tests.com/exams/examdetail.asp?eid=67
They are practice sections for the ASVAB, which is the US military's psychometric test. (There are links to other practice psychometric test within prmc.co.uk-the'yre pretty decent as well, but this ASVAB gives you a chance for mechanical comprehension.)

As has been stated in numerous other posts, although the test itself is not terribly hard, keeping track of time is by far the most difficult element. The key is working quickly and smoothly. Practice your math and english comprehension, and good luck finding an adequate practice test for the mechanical comprehension section. That's the section that took me by surprise on the actual RT.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Just tred that test above, got 80%. However the questions do seem to differ a fair bit from the ones in the booklet.

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the test is easy mate, judging from your practice scores you should *text deleted* it. The only thing that you should keep an eye on is the time as I was guessing the last bunch of questions. I think you've got to get more than 50 right out of 120 for the marines.

New Threads