exercises in training

The Mad Duck

Reaction score
*text deleted** heard some times in the interview they ask you what are some exercises you do in training. i dont actually know what they mean by exercises. can someone give me examples please

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Multi-day (usually) scenarios where skills are put to use. Think the first is exercise first step where you spend a night in the field, others include hunters moon (survival) and final exercise (culmination of everything learned).

The Mad Duck

Reaction score
Multi-day (usually) scenarios where skills are put to use. Think the first is exercise first step where you spend a night in the field, others include hunters moon (survival) and final exercise (culmination of everything learned).
your amazing cheers mate great help

SonofBandy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have my week by week breakdown guide here! given to me by the AFCO at my final brief so here are the excercises.

Ex First Step - One night in the field (Week 2)

Ex Early Knight - Night in the field with weapon (Week 4)

Ex Quick Cover - 3 day excercise including basic fieldcraft and CQB (Week 5)

Ex Marshal Star - 3 and a half day excercise, covers Basic fieldcraft & soldiering skills, incluiding obsitcle crossing and CQB (Week 7)

Ex Hunters Moon - 4 day excercise, fieldcraft, Navigation training, map reading and survival (Week 10)

Ex Running Man - 3 day excercise, Navigation and Yomping (Week 14)

Ex Baptis Run - 2 day excericse to test everything taught in phase 1 (Week 15)

Ex First Base - Tactical Field patrols recce, OP's and harbour drills (Week 17)

Ex Second Empire - Section and troopleval attacks, troop fighting patrols and ambushes (Week 18)

Ex Viking Warrior - Viking Training Package (No idea what thats is??) (Week 20)

Ex Violant Entry - (Week 22 and Week 23)

Final Ex - (Week 26 and Week 27)

Enjoy i typed that out! haha!

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I'm guessing the Viking training package is some kind of familiarisation with the Viking ATV.

Barry McGuigan

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I'm guessing the Viking training package is some kind of familiarisation with the Viking ATV.
Yeah you just get acquainted with them and the safety drills when conducting river crosses with them.
As for ex running man that I do believe doesn't happen anymore and baptist run is just a bit longer instead.

Jbc

Royal Marines Commando -Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah you just get acquainted with them and the safety drills when conducting river crosses with them.
As for ex running man that I do believe doesn't happen anymore and baptist run is just a bit longer instead.
Or in our case you get to look at them from afar whilst being *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted* around the huge dunes of Bovington training area.

Barry McGuigan

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Or in our case you get to look at them from afar whilst being *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted* around the huge dunes of Bovington training area.
Haha more than ideal!
Bit that gets me is they can't float of such on water if they have a mounted gun on top cover?

On another note..I recently had the pleasure of witnessing someone performing 50 super gecko-eeor-'burpees' whilst wearing crampons!