exercises PRMC

PRMCjamesb

Reaction score
Helloo, sorry for having to start a new thread i couldnt find one on the same lines. Basically when Im doing press ups i can keep the correct form and everything - but by the time i get to thirty without brakeing i really start to burn up, and usually take a short brake say 10 seconds, i can achieve around 50 press ups but i still take 2-3 small brakes within the 2 minutes. Can anyone tell me if this is aload on the PRMC or not. cheers

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah you'll be allowed to once or twice but for a few seconds only at a time. I dare say all PTI's are different but on my PRMC a few lads were pulled for resting for too long

PRMCjamesb

Reaction score
right cheers for the fast reply. so say a 5 second brake would be right ye?

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
From what i understand, you are aloud to take a brief second rest in the pressup postion ( no back arching. )

As brucey says, take a too long rest and they will pull you out.

RH

Reaction score
yeah you have to stay in the press up position whilst resting, (no more than 2-3 seconds). As soon as you put your knees down then thats your score you get.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
All of the above is correct.

But, why aim to do it with breaks? You can do it without stopping, it will just take practice. *text deleted*, there's no point training if you're going to do it by halves.

Ross.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I see what your saying ross, but if you get to the point where you cant do anymore on PRMC, would you rather just stop, or have a 2 second break and push out another 3?

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
What if I break a fingernail? Will I have to carry on? =(

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I see what your saying ross, but if you get to the point where you cant do anymore on PRMC, would you rather just stop, or have a 2 second break and push out another 3?
In that case - I would take a break.

I'm saying there is no point training and incorporating taking breaks into it etc. Or to get to a point where you are happy but still taking breaks. I can't really get my point across but you know what I mean.

PRMCjamesb

Reaction score
dont get me wrong or anything i am training to achieve maximum. just wanted to know that cheers for the replys, am not a pussy or anything if thats what ashely was tryin to imply... :S