Eye Test adn Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotted Frog

Reaction score
Hello,

Just a question about the Eye test Prior to Medical. I had an eye test back in June this year as part of full medical for commercial pilots licence.

I now hold an initial Class 1 medical certificate from the Civil Aviation Authority. I can guess that I will have to go through the motions and have the medical but will this certificate do for the Eye test part?

Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi - Like the username!

The CAA do not use the same eyesight grades as the RN unfortunately & the prescription needs to be graded into the service Visual Acuity standards by an opthalmist.

It maybe worth ringing your AFCO (link below)to ask if the Medical Examiner will accept an ungraded recent civilian eye prescription, but be prepared to be told that you may be told that you need an independent eyetest. (Paid for by the MoD)

Spotted Frog

Reaction score
Cheers Ninja Stoker.

Just thought I might be able to speed myself forward abit and get it out the way. Eye sight is still intact. Do they send you some where special for the eye test?

The user name was just picked randomly from something I saw in the room at the time I join the forum. I like it tho, but i'm not green and spotty! *text deleted*

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
There is a national contract with Dollond & Aitchison opticians, which means you don't have to pay, however if you get your eyesight graded elsewhere, providing there isn't a local D&A, you may be able to be refunded.

Status
Not open for further replies.