Eyesight - the facts

Argozeu

Reaction score
Hello guys, this is not related to the rm but the rn as I can't find any other forum for it. So I wear glasses and have a -6.00 in both eyes and a distance acuity of 6/7.5 with a near acuity of n4 i was just wondering if I would be able to join the rn. Thanks

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
Yes you can with those numbers - if less then 6/9 it,s an issue for new entry.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
Sorry my assumption that you knew what the figures you put actually meant - the VA number increases the worse your eyesight - your 6/7.5 - next level down (worse eyesight) is 6/9 then 6/12 and so on - for new entry, you must be above 6/9 in most cases - but eyesight is also job dependant so for some roles you must have a higher eyesight level

Argozeu

Reaction score
Sorry my assumption that you knew what the figures you put actually meant - the VA number increases the worse your eyesight - your 6/7.5 - next level down (worse eyesight) is 6/9 then 6/12 and so on - for new entry, you must be above 6/9 in most cases - but eyesight is also job dependant so for some roles you must have a higher eyesight level
So would a prescription of -6.00 and -6.50 with da of 6/6 and n4 be okay or not

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
Your eyesight in terms of distances is fine, as for N4..?..I can not answer as a measurement the military use,