Facts about PJFT

brownie123

Reaction score
Ok got my PJFT on monday just wanted to get a few things straight.

I got told your not aloud to touch the sides or any part of the treadmill whilst doing your 1.5mile?
1.5M is 2.4km?
The absolute deadline is 10:00 or is it 9:59?

Jus wanted 2 make sure :) cheers guys.

NicholasSkamballis

Reaction score
To pass your PJFT in good time i would suggest you start on 15km/h 3mins later up it to 15.5km/h 3mins later up it to 16km/h then if it gets a bit much, drop it down to 15, for about 40secs, then 14 for about a minute then 13 and you shoud get your time in the 9:30's.

But some afco's are picky because i did my PJFT and got 9:58 orginally then my AFCO he wouldn't submit me for PRMC with that score so i re-did it and got 9:35

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it's 2.4Km and you're aloud to finnish it on 10.00 but strangely some AFCOs prefer sub 9.30's but mine accepted 9.45 as it was my second try and I told them I was quite badly injured both times I used the treadmill (I needed an incline to be honest).

So yeah you'll be safe just slam it on 15, I put it on 16, then 15, then 16, then 17 for the last 400m. It's all up to you really, take some water as the gym water is usually a bit warm and if you want to use it on the machine then take a bottle as the machines usually cost £1 for bottles.

Good luck and smash it to peices =)

foss

Reaction score
i was just wonderin wether your aloud music or not probs a daft question lyk *text deleted*

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the guy who took my PJFT said i wasnt allowed an ipod or anything on when i was running....healf 'n' safety or summinnk!

tho some others on here have said that you can have one , so i think it depends!

:dontaskme:

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you're aloud music, my gym didn't have anything but the overweight guy going "*arrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* .. NEW RECORDDDDD! *CLUNK* Phew!" to which I spent most my time trying not to laugh as he kept looking at me..

foss

Reaction score
so *text deleted* deffo aloud *text deleted* walkman or *text deleted* fone with headfnes obvously *text deleted*

foss

Reaction score
i hope i can lyk i hate treadmill running withg no music

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
alright guys.

I actually take people for their pjfts as i work at fitness first.....

Your not allowed to touch the hand rails or other parts of the treadmill. You must start from stood still, and speed up with the treadmill. 1.5 miles is 2.4km. Your not allowed to listen to your own music (sum instructors may let you tho!) Same as everybodys said, start on 15kph n just take it from there.

Last of all, good luck to you all!!

:rock:

foss

Reaction score
cheers *text deleted* gd to know *text deleted*

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* i think i need to practice starting off on the tredmill if im not allowed to touch the side. my balance isn't to great at the start. oh also if i do 1.5miles in 9:45 on the tredmil but manage it in under 9.45 on road do you think the afco would allow me to still pass if i show him results i have been getting on the road. Reason i ask is because i find it extremely hard to run on the tredmil and get better times onroad.

*text deleted* i know that the pass is 10 mins but i have choosen a personal goal of beating 9:45 and getting it down to 9 minutes

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I did it 9.45 on the treadmill and can do it 7.59 on the road. My AFCO passed me but advised I improved my times. However, as the AFCO's are so unsure nowadays and don't know what the fcuk is going on in terms of pass or fail I'd try and get it down to 9.30 which is like a 200/300 meter sprint at the end. Good luck =)

miniwogger

Reaction score
why are some afco's picky with the pjft? they say you've got 10minutes to do it in so why do they reject people when they do it quicker? it they want you to do it in 9:30 they should say that.

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have no idea why some afcos fail people with 9.45ish times. can only think its because they dont want2 send people to prmc just to have them fail and have that reflected on them. Or maybe that time shows that you cannot speed up towards the end like you need to on the 3miler on prmc.

When i take pjft's i send off forms to the afco (portsmouth) and its a pass with anything under 10mins........ Not sure if the afco tel them no after that but i really dont see why not................ Just aim for under 9.30 :rock:

roguesniper

Reaction score
its proberly because making a recruite retake the pjft so they can get a better time is a lot cheaper than sending them on the prmc, if they have just reached under 10 mins

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If they're that bothered why don't they make the PJFT 3 miles in under 21 minutes? That way you have no choice but to do 7 minute miles.

brownie123

Reaction score
Right got my PJFT in 12 hours 31 minutes *text deleted* nervous but excited so i hope i pass! *text deleted*'e been trying not to injure my self all week and this morning i was sprinting and stopped hard and kinda hurt my right foot abit but nothing thats going to cripple me. I got some of that red mist you guys recomended *text deleted* take my mp3 just incase and jus give it my all, never run properly on a treadmill so will be a first for me *text deleted*. Thanks all