Fail PRMC

Rikko

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Not that any of us plan on failing PRMC but if the worse should happen whats normally the time given until you can return for another crack at it.

Rikko

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think they tell you down there it can vary but its a few months depending on how long they think it will take you to get better in the areas you failed on.

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I believe it's between about 2 to 6 months depending on how close you were to passing and your attitude towards it.

Just realized you're from Grimsby mate! What stage of the process are you at? Might end up having a PRMC with you :D

Rikko

Reaction score
Am down there next wk for PRMC and i am bricking it hopefully it'll be ok when all together doing the tests but i am scared of failing.

Rikko

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Am down there next wk for PRMC and i am bricking it hopefully it'll be ok when all together doing the tests but i am scared of failing.

Rikko

What kind of times have you been getting on the 1.5 miler and bleep test and press-up test etc.

I'm sure you'll do fine mate. It's only natural to start questioning whether you are fit enough or whether you trained enough when it comes close to it.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
how many times are you allowed to take the prmc before you are told not to bother again?

I asked this at the careers office souly out of interest and not because i think oh its ok to fail it because i can try again and the officer didn't let me finish my sentance and took it the wrong way and said "im not going to answer that, and its obvious your not confident enough.. blah blah blah"

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
how many times are you allowed to take the prmc before you are told not to bother again?

I asked this at the careers office souly out of interest and not because i think oh its ok to fail it because i can try again and the officer didn't let me finish my sentance and took it the wrong way and said "im not going to answer that, and its obvious your not confident enough.. blah blah blah"

If you fail a second I can't imagine them putting you in for a third unless you just missed passing.

Danza

Reaction score
I had my PRMC in october and i failed on the 3 miler because i pulled my hamstring at the half way point. Still finished the run though. Think i was only something like 20 seconds out of the time aswell.

I got told i had to apply again in 9 months so i am thinking of joining the reserves

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Holy thread resurrection, that chap!

The things to bear in mind are that unless you are in full time employment in a well-paid job & accept that most RMR units only have one Recruit Troop per year, then it's not necessarily quicker, more convenient or any easier to gain your Green beret.

The average reservist takes between 18-24 months to pass out, unlike a regular who gets paid daily to train & who's full time job is to be a recruit- a reservist has to maintain their fitness in their own time, completes most exercises over evenings, weekends & holidays, has the distractions of home & family, possibly has to juggle the hours with their full time job & faces being back-trooped by a year rather than a fortnight if he cannot make a couple of weekends.

In a lot of respects, particularly self discipline, being a reservist can be mentally more difficult. After a hard day at work, the last thing you feel like is a phys workout in the evening or after a difficult week - a weekend outdoors in the pouring rain.

MBBMX

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Holy thread resurrection, that chap!

The things to bear in mind are that unless you are in full time employment in a well-paid job & accept that most RMR units only have one Recruit Troop per year, then it's not necessarily quicker, more convenient or any easier to gain your Green beret.

The average reservist takes between 18-24 months to pass out, unlike a regular who gets paid daily to train & who's full time job is to be a recruit- a reservist has to maintain their fitness in their own time, completes most exercises over evenings, weekends & holidays, has the distractions of home & family, possibly has to juggle the hours with their full time job & faces being back-trooped by a year rather than a fortnight if he cannot make a couple of weekends.

In a lot of respects, particularly self discipline, being a reservist can be mentally more difficult. After a hard day at work, the last thing you feel like is a phys workout in the evening or after a difficult week - a weekend outdoors in the pouring rain.

Wrong thread Ninja? :cheesy:

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
In response to the original question; 3,6 or 9 months,
I couldn't tell you what decides how long,
it's more of a who,
as the Corporals have seen many people go through RT,
and they know the best candidates.

At the beginning of my PRMC we were told if you failed the 3 miler,
you'll be given 9 months before you can come back,
if you fail gym test 1,
you'll get 6 months,
if you fail anything on the 2nd day it's 3 months.

I passed the 3 miler,
and gym test 1,
failed the high obstacles course,
passed the assault course,
and was taken off the determination test,
and I was given 9 months,
I think this was mainly down to me lacking mental maturity,
and being at the lower end of fitness,
as although I passed the tests I just scraped by on some of them,
and maybe they thought it would take at least 9 months for me to gain the maturity,
and I suppose the biggest test is being told you've failed and then deciding if you'll go back.

So basically the Corporals will decide when they think you'll be ready if you fail,
there's not really a set formula.

New Threads