Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. smallott512

smallott512 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hello all
    Unfortunately, i failed my 2nd attempt at my PJFT today. Did the first run completely fine, got around half way through my second run and my legs just couldnt go on any more. I upped my training a lot after failing my first PJFT but clearly not enough. I want to go for my third attempt but i am worried that if i fail it again, i wont be able to apply again for another 3 years. So for example if i was to fail all of the attempts, is it just the Royal Marines i am unable to apply for for 3 years, or does that include the army, navy and RAF as well?

Thank you

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Pick yourself up and focus. There are others on here better qualified than I to advise you but here's my suggestion anyway:
    Bin all your other training. Gym time? Bin it. Endurance runs? Bin them.
    Focus only on exceeding PJFT on the treadmill. Everything else can easily be picked up after PJFT. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. smallott512

smallott512 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview

4. smallott512

smallott512 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thank you, I will do this

5. Pedders

Pedders New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Don't get yourself down over it, just draw a line under it and move on. Took me till my third attempt to get it passed. Get it rebooked in 10/12 weeks time and get yourself following a structured training plan. If it's not too far to travel try and train or at least do a good few mocks at the gym you'll do the test at. It's a tricky test and can easily catch you out, just train hard and know that the next time it comes around you will smash it. All in the mind mate. Then afterwards Ditch the dreadmill and you can get out into this lovely weather

• Like Like x 6
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

If you cannot comfortably reach the pass standard within the mandated re-take period, simply withdraw your application, it takes the heat off & avoids getting an outright knock-back.

Do not restart an application until you know you can pass.

The AFCO have set time periods to move applications forward and the danger is achieving three fails by default by doing nothing. Withdrawing & restarting an application is simply done by a click on a mouse, there's no drama involved.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    I don't understand why anyone would book a second pjft before knowing they can pass it.

8. NO.SF&G

NO.SF&G New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Take Ninja’s advice mate. You’re 18 and have plenty of time to train. You really want to be going into a PJFT and be comfortably smashing that return time. As with most things in life, if you’re going to rush in unprepared you are more than likely going to cock it up. Give yourself the chance you deserve, train, train and train and then come back at it when you’re getting the return time easily. Best of luck!

9. Knight_1987

Knight_1987 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I agree with Chelonian, bin your routine and focus on the PJFT and running on the treadmill on your appointed date will be easier than running outside in the winds of Belfast :D

So don’t let a failure put you off as it’s just a life lesson to make you grow stronger for the next test ;)

• Seen Seen x 1