Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Failed medical questionaire

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by cobb, Mar 10, 2019.

1. cobb

cobb Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Just got off the phone from medical questionaire to find out I failed due Eyesight . Feel really annoyed with situation as feel I’ve been hard done by . How long does this appeal process take ?

2. Steph

Steph New Member

Do you mean you had a triage phonecall and were told your eyesight test did meet the standard? https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/eyesight-the-facts.33327/

Think the only way you can appeal is by doing another eye test then if it meets the standard for entry, appeal. You can't just appeal because you don't think it is fair.

3. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

@cobb , why hard done by ?? You can appeal a design if you think it is wrong ( I, e they got your test wrong, hence a incorrect result) you can't appeal the standard however , so if the info was correct and you did not meet the set standard as laid out in the medical rules , there is nothing to appeal.

4. cobb

cobb Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    done a eye test 6 months before with a different person same opticians (boots) I asked about possibly meeting requirements he said should be fine . But I’m *text deleted* chase this dream job as much as I possibly can .

5. westy

westy Well-Known Member

Should be fine isn’t a pass mate

6. Sengdroma

Sengdroma New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    When our son had his done, he had a NHS 2 months before (he is 16), and when we were in boots I asked if this would qualify for the RM and they stated no I could not submit as the standards and tests were different. Low and behold 2 months later (next slot on a weekend), he had the same bloke test him and yes the tests were ever so slightly different.

Our boy passed both but it could be that you can pass a normal eye test yet still fail the more in-depth RM one.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2019
  7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

8. Polo

Polo Member

@cobb eyesight can deteriorate very fast. That is presumably why the test is only valid a year. Did you get it re-tested and graded at a different opticians as suggested?