Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Failed PJFT

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by J18, Jun 28, 2019.

1. J18

J18 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi all

I just got back from my PJFT. I got 12 minutes for the first 1.5 Mile and then 10 minutes 14 seconds for the return mile( I know its nothing special). To my surprise I was told I failed because I leant on the arms of the treadmill in the last 200 meters ( Wasn't for anything longer than 5-10 seconds) Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me ?

2. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Rules are rules.

Look at this as a blessing in disguise. With that return run time I reckon you'd have bombed PRMC. Brush yourself off, train harder and come back stronger.

• Like Like x 4
  3. J18

J18 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Just seems a bit ridiculous when I hit the required times. What makes you think I would fail PRMC ?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  4. Boplicity

Boplicity New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    You can attempt again mate. Just take a few months to collect yourself and smash that treadmill! Think about it, if you take the time and hit the target in the parameters you can get a treadmill and literally smash it! I know we all wish we could.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    That’s unlucky mate. Although very annoying because you obviously want to just get the PJFT done and out the way, I wouldn’t look at it as a failure in your ability to actually pass the PJFT but instead as an opportunity to really prove to yourself ( and your AFCO ) that you are committed to the career path you’ve chosen by getting a quality time.

Have you got an 8 week wait till you’re allowed another one? If so, then ultimately this failure is really going to show you if you’ve got the bottle to crack on and hit the intervals, hill sprints, swims, hypoxic lengths and pjft mocks over that period so that when you do finally get another shot at the pre joining fitness test you can smash it out the park and set your sights onto the prmc with what will be a much better time than you would have had if you wouldn’t have been failed on a technicality,

The choice really is yours on how you perceive and crack on with it mate

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  6. J18

J18 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Definitely! Just going to take it on the chin and crack on.

• Like Like x 1
  7. J18

J18 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    It's happened now and there isn't anything I can do about it, Just *text deleted* take it on the chin and crack on like you say ! Aiming to drop 30 seconds off my time ready for my next pjft :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  8. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Correct form is acutely scrutinised for PJFT, press ups, pull ups, etc.

Get plenty of treadmill specific phys in before your next PJFT. This is important. Many are caught out by the difference in technique between, say, road running and the treadmill. You'll crack it and then never have to step onto another. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 3
  9. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Top lad, well in

• Like Like x 1
  10. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

As others have pointed out, correct form on everything is the order of the day. The gym tests on your PRMC will have PTIs crawling over you scrutinising your form and you will probably find that you may not achieve the score that you wish for, purely because of bad form.

Learn from this and crack on. Good luck.

Alan

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  11. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    That you couldn’t pass the test without holding on! Remember these are minimums not a target and with a high percentage of potential nods dropping out of PRMC suggest you may want to get fitter before throwing yourself into the mix with guys who can pass the test with no issues.

Just take it on the chin and don’t drip; learn from your error and make sure you understand all criteria tests in the future.

• Nailed It Nailed It x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DutyWretch

DutyWretch Royal Marines Commando

On the basis that you’ll be very ‘warmed up’ prior to your PRMC BFT I’d suggest aiming to knock off at least a minute from those times.

Good luck

• Like Like x 2
  13. JWJ

JWJ Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Baring in mind you’d have failed under old timings and that was with a 2% incline, and many people still failed the BFT and bleep test on PRMC, what makes you think you’d pass when the run out is quicker and on rough terrain.