Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Failed PJFT

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by RM_Yorkshire, Jul 6, 2019.

1. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Anyone know if I can just rebook this with Nuffield or do I need to wait for AFCO to verify and then I can rebook? Want to get it done ASAP as I *text deleted*ed it up by hitting the plastic at back of tread nearly falling and had to put my hand on side for a split second. . Not ideal at all! Know I can do it, so want to get it booked for next couple of days if I can.

Cheers

• Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  2. StrSam

StrSam Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Book it with your afco. That's what I did after my first attempt.
    In my opinion though - wait a few weeks and train just a bit longer, because you shouldn't be falling off the back of the dreadmill in the first place really. PRMC Is a big big biiiiiig step up so prepare for as long as you can. Hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
  3. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Cheers for advice mate. When I say back, I meant front of treadmill. I thought I was drifting g backwards and to correct myself I took a longer stride and clipped the plastic at the front of it. Threw my balance off. Annoying as *text deleted* really

• Like Like x 1
  4. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Basically I *text deleted*ing hate treadmills

• Like Like x 1
  5. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I'm fairly sure I've seen on here people taking their PJFT outside, if you well and truly cant do treadmills, although it might not be done anymore and would need checking to see if I'm imagining things.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

After a PJFT fail, your AFCO will advise when a retake is to be taken.

Generally, if you complete the run within about 10% of the required pass, a retake can be booked within a couple of weeks but a fail to complete or over 10% is usually an eight week delay.

Your local AFCO can also advise whether there is a RMAD available, with a PTI or qualified trained rank in attendance - in which instance the BFT road-run can be accepted in lieu of a PJFT ...if within the required parameters.

Likewise, those attending an RM Look at Life course at CTC with a school/college and successfully completing the BFT are given a pjft pass certificate.

7. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks Ninja. Just to clarify is this at the discretion of the AFCO or is it a standard 8 week wait?

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

There's a stipulated period, but discretion can be applied exceptionally.

Falling off the treadmill, accidentally hitting the stop button, hating treadmills, dog eating PJFT letter, getting a stitch, shoelace coming undone, gym setting wrong speed, etc., etc, are standard rather than exceptional.

9. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks for clarifying mate appreciated. Does needing a *text deleted* whilst running count as an exceptional circumstance...

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It should make you run faster. And, Mum's are never wrong, you should've had a pooh before you left the house. :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  11. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Ahhh *text deleted*. Literally. Maybe that’s the secret.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  12. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Just Spoke to my AFCO and he has allowed me to retake my PJFT at my leisure. I’m very pleased but also feel quite lucky as I know it could be deferred for quite a while! Thanks for all the advice Ninja.

• Like Like x 2