Failed PRMC...BUT!

MT6690

Reaction score
I was on the 3rd of June PRMC. i passed the run, the press ups, sit ups but for some *text deleted**text deleted*ing reason on my pull ups (which ive never had trouble before) i failed because i pulled a little muscle in my back, and it would of been stupid for me to carry on. i was sent down to the medical center and they said i couldn't do anything, so i asked to stay and watch the others and learn as much as i could. i left on the thursday, when i should of left on friday because they said i would just get in the way *text deleted*, so i agreed. The sgnt major said hes going to put me on a 6 month reccomendation.

Yesterday i went down to my AFCO and spoke to him, he told me that if my back is good in a month then i could be on a PRMC in 2-4 months! i thought oh *text deleted**text deleted*, i didnt think i could be put on one as soon as that.

My backs better and have been advised to rest it for 2 more weeks. i have a ex Royal Marine PTI who is going to help me out in the gym. that prmc, despite i failed, has made me want to be a RM more than ever and i cant w8 to go back and try to get that step closer to living my dream.

and for the people who havent yet done their PRMC's.......cccoooorrrr *text deleted*. its mental! but u have to love it.

0.01%

Reaction score
Unlucky mate, fella on mine failed due to an injury. Bashed his head in the piggy back fights on the bottom field, gutted he was!

Like you though he realised how hard it is, knew he could do it, realised how much he wanted it and will come back and do it a second time. Got to take the positives from it, least you know how much you do want it now.

No excuses for not being top boy next time though, you've had an insight and know what is excpected! *text deleted*

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Unlucky MT,
but fair play for not being put off by it and getting back on the horse.

Got any tips and training methods to help prepare for it?

Joe

Aussie89

Reaction score
Yea unlucky mate but congrats on going for it again

as said above any advice you can give would be fantastic

Babybell

Reaction score
You'll get since you sound determined enough!

I wouldnt rush doing the PRMC again unless your sure your 100% sure that back muscle has recovered. Dont forget that PRMC is only the first step!