Failed triage Medical

bhanzz

Reaction score
hey I had the phone call from capita and they said since I cracked one of my ribs 7 years ago, I am temporarily unfit. They said once they contact my GP and discuss the rib situation etc.. they’ll decide whether or not to invite me for a medical.

Is this normal ? That they’d say I’m unfit due to a cracked Rib all this time ago?

Also, could this be the end of the road or am I overthinking a little?

Thanks guys! :)

hey I had the phone call from capita and they said since I cracked one of my ribs 7 years ago, I am temporarily unfit. They said once they contact my GP and discuss the rib situation etc.. they’ll decide whether or not to invite me for a medical.

Is this normal ? That they’d say I’m unfit due to a cracked Rib all this time ago?

Also, could this be the end of the road or am I overthinking a little?

Thanks guys! :)
My impression is that the capita triage will be a knock back for anyone who has ever visited their doctor for anything. I'm sure a cracked healed rib will not be an issue for you. Don't worry, its just a test of your patience!!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It isn't a fail. TMU means your medical suitability for service has not yet been determined pending a request for more info.

Assuming the cracked rib didn't puncture alung causing a pneumothorax, etc., the odds are you'll be OK as long as the healed rib doesn't restrict breathing.

To speed thing along, give your GP the heads up about an inbound letter and ask him or her to get a wiggle on with their reply.

bhanzz

Reaction score
Alright thanks a lot ninja , I was a bit worried then.

And yeah it’s healed to the best of my knowledge since I’ve had x-rays the other year to check it and there was no damage, and my breathing etc.. feels absolutely fine.

*text deleted* call my gp first thing when I’m home! :)

It isn't a fail. TMU means your medical suitability for service has not yet been determined pending a request for more info.

Assuming the cracked rib didn't puncture alung causing a pneumothorax, etc., the odds are you'll be OK as long as the healed rib doesn't restrict breathing.

To speed thing along, give your GP the heads up about an inbound letter and ask him or her to get a wiggle on with their reply.