Failing Uni

Aussie89

Reaction score
Ok so at the momnt im failing my first semester of univeristy. I think i will pass 2 subjects but fail the other 2. I will be leaving after this semester. My question is will the RM's not let me in on these grounds. I have an above average year 12 victorian certificate of education result although its not that impressive.

Will i still be able to get in to the marines even though i will fail 2 subjects?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You can probably join as an other rank, subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria, however your academic eligibility for officer will need to be verified by the overseas desk at London AFCO. (Link below)

Aussie89

Reaction score
yea i am not applying for officer just other rank so you think this would be ok?

NicholasSkamballis

Reaction score
yeah, from what i'm aware of, you can join the marines with no formal qualifications? vNinja will correct me if i'm wrong.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I have no educational qualifications whatsoever and I have my PRMC coming up. If you have no qualifications at all you just get put on a maths and english test at PRMC which lasts upto 2 hours.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I have no educational qualifications whatsoever and I have my PRMC coming up. If you have no qualifications at all you just get put on a maths and english test at PRMC which lasts upto 2 hours.
The Basic Skills test takes nearer around 45 minutes and is compuer based - as you already passed the Recruiting Test, you should cope reasonably.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Ninja, I'm not that bad with education anyway, should fly through it.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
This may be off topic but Ninja What would happen if you failed the Basic skills test at prmc?
A had a borderline pass when i sat my recruiting test.
Cheers

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If you need to improve on basic skils such as English and Maths I think Ninja once said (back in the day) that you do education throughout RT untill you are upto GCSE C standard or something? I'm not 100% certain unfortunately, best to wait for Ninja to read.