Falklands and Walcharen...

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok guys, interview in a couple of days and i know you're probably sick of these little questions but i'm just going to crack them out :)

Can anybody explain what happened in the Falklands 1982 and Walcheren in a simple paragraph or so.

I've looked on the navy and marines website and found some about the Falklands but nothing about Walcheren and the HUGE bloody page about the Falklands is too much for me to digest...i'm not just being lazy, I just really cannot get my head round it!

Do you think these are the only historical points that i'll get asked about in the interview (with the exception of the badge)?

Thanks.

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers for your quick reply mate. Did they ask any other questions based on history such as the falklands or the seven years of war etc?

Thanks.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No not really it was more about the birth date and cap badge, you do need to know the battles and when they happened but not in big detail.

Megalomaniac

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about going into to much detail for these questions. Walcheren was the first amphibious assult by royal marine commandos, with the help of a couple of army commando units.