Families Day

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey up Ninja,

If I was to join on the 10th of November am I right in thinking Families day will be held on the 28th of November?

matty630

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright mate, I think more than likely it is always end of week 3 (28th), but have heard it can also fall on week 4 depending on how your training team feel. apparently your parents will know before you do. They will be sent out an invite with date, and list of B&B's which are advised to book as early as possible.

Taggart91

Reaction score
Alright mate, I think more than likely it is always end of week 3 (28th), but have heard it can also fall on week 4 depending on how your training team feel. apparently your parents will know before you do. They will be sent out an invite with date, and list of B&B's which are advised to book as early as possible.
What do you actually do on families day?

DamageInc85

Reaction score
In a strange/selfish way I don't think I would want my parents to attend. If it was half way through RT it would be better, but it's only the 3rd week of a 32 week course, there's still lots that could go tits up and result in you getting binned.
I'm not superstitious but as far as I'm concerned I want them to visit once, and that's for the passing out ceremony, when (or if) I get there!

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It's so they can see what your doing.

Oz22

Reaction score
I'm the same as you Damage, i don't want anyone coming down until i pass out.
I just want to get my head down and get on with it.
I'm guessing you don't have to have your family come down.

matty630

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What do you actually do on families day?
They watch you do a workout in the gym, get lectured on what the 32 weeks comprises of, have lunch (taken out your wages ofcourse) so minimise the amount of people you bring. haha think its about 2-3 £pp. Watch some drill, Where they will get your parents up for a go, so the spotlight isn't always on you. then you go home with them at the end of the day for you LWEL (long weekend leave) back by sunday 8pm (i think). obviously its your choice if you choose to go home or not, those living in scotland and anywhere completely out the way are best staying on camp, guarentee you wont be on your own, some lads just get a B&B with the family or g/f and have the weekend in devon. Or im sure you could get on it in exeter with the other lads. Everyones a winner.