Family accomodation for marines

CTCbootneck

Reaction score
Hi, I'm curious about Family Accomodation. Once my son becomes a marine, is there accomodation for him within CTC? Is there a 'housing estate' for those who are a family? Can he be allocated a house if he shares it with 2 others for example or would he only be entitled to barracks style accomodation? Finally do those who work for MOD at CTC in a civilian role have access to a house or would they only have the option of private housing?
If there is housing for marines is it on site or a few miles away?

SCOTTY6

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Once your son passes out from training he will no longer be based at CTC. Each marine is allocated accommodation at the which ever unit they go to, the accom is on camp, and usually shared rooms. Married quarters are available to married couples. The married patch usually consists of houses very close to camp.

CTCbootneck

Reaction score
Once your son passes out from training he will no longer be based at CTC. Each marine is allocated accommodation at the which ever unit they go to, the accom is on camp, and usually shared rooms. Married quarters are available to married couples. The married patch usually consists of houses very close to camp.
Thankyou Scotty. Is there accomodation for staff within CTC? The reason I ask is I watched a training series where staff were going 'home' within the base.

SCOTTY6

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
For civilian staff, no I don’t think there is. As for military staff, yes they have permanent accom on camp.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
@CTCbootneck , When they say going home they mean to a room, ! Most quarters for CTC are located in Exmouth around 3 miles away. Quarters are for married couples or those in long term relationships that meet certain additional criteria.

SCOTTY6

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
More room for main stream nods. Haha mate get used to bad accom. It doesn’t get much better once you pass out..

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
What happens to the old hunter accommodation then?, the grots for new recruits is pretty dire these days.

What's wrong with the accom? I personally think its fine for a training establishment

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Water leaking in near electrics, some showers dont work properly or running cold for days on end. Most rooms have damp or mould in corners now, drainage issues and heating.

I think that's all part if it. I had showers in training which were just permanently flooded. So two floors had to share one floor.

Is it right? No. But it's part of the hardship in training. Life's easier as a trained rank, but dont forget we've all done it