family day

royalpete

Reaction score
alryt lads just wanted to know what really happens on family day? do u get to see your family and stuff etc

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
from what i know, your family come down after you've passed foundation i think, and they get a tour of the camp and an insight in what their son has done/wil do during training and also watch them perform in the gym and meet other recruits and the training team...probably alot more aswell

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
does anyone know how many people are allowed to come and do they get travel warrents? Im wanting 4 people and im thinking its going to be a *text deleted**text deleted*e load of wedge to get them all down and back.

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
yeah i'd like to know in more detail about families day too. Ninja?!

recon i will will get some alone time with the missus?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
yeah i'd like to know in more detail about families day too. Ninja?!

recon i will will get some alone time with the missus?

Absolutely, just ask the Corporal nicely for the keys to the Foundation 5* honeymoon suite...

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth:

Erm, no. You will get the weekend off for that sort of thing. Have a look at the Recruit Training Schedule.

With regard numbers attending Families Day, you will hardly have been in the Corps for 3 weeks, so think long and hard how many people you wish to invite. If you later fail training for whatever reason, you can rest assured all those attending will wonder why & your mates may have good cause to take the mickey, so forget about asking them unless they wish to join.

I'd advise you invite Mum, Dad, [Brothers/Sisters if they are remotely interested & assuming they haven't nicked your bedroom at home & aren't too busy painting it shocking pink to stop you reclaiming it] & Partner. If your partner has Super-Model friends, it's probably worth inviting them also to increase your kudos with the training staff. Apart from the models (unlimited numbers permitted), it's probably best to invite no more than half a dozen people- remember you have to host them.

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
they have to pay for their own travel though dont they, was just gona invite mum, dad, sis and the handbrake.

New Threads