Fartlek Running

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Right, well, basically for the last 2 weeks I've been doing 3-5 milers to get myself back into the swing of things regarding the running. Having improved my time on each of my runs I now think it's time I start mixing up my runs a bit more. Add a bit of variety into them. I've read a lot of good things about Fartlek style of running and was even highly recommended by a poster on the PRMC diaries page who'd just passed his. No disrespect intended to the person but I forget his name, *text deleted*.

Anyway, to those who already and regularly Fartlek I were just wondering if you could share some of your ideas and techniques which I could transfer into my own training?

Thank you in advance! (=

Tom.

caf20012

Reaction score
Ive started running just recently doing fartlek running for the last week doing around 3milers.

What i do is do 1 hole lap which is around 1 mile. Stop at the same place ive started and rest for around 5 minutes or so. The go again and the same again.

I have really noticed A LOT! My recovery rate go sky high and yesterday when running i stop for like 1minutes then was off again so i happy im seeing good results. Maybe should run round twice then rest and do more laps :)

But yeah you will see great results :iagree:

skincats

Reaction score
im *text deleted* start training fartlek style tomorow to increase my speed so i`ll keep a post going on over a period of a month,two if necessay and see how it goes! i recon running between goal posts on a football field is quiet adequit, plus i`ll mix it up with 3min flat outs with 1min rest in between...

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
one of the best things that has helped me with runnin is hill sprints... find the steepest hill u can and sprint up it about 15 times

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers lads (=

I were actually thinking about some hill sprints so will give them a go when I discover a "suitable enough" hill, *text deleted*.