Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Fat burning tablets?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Mattys, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I know this may get some slack but just looking for feedback on it.

When I previously shed a lot of weight I was on green tea tablets extract which did work great but at the same time you literally smelled of pure weed especially the more you worked out so did eventually come off them even tho the results were great!

Few people I know take something called red cell there fag burners on the protein works website and have been told there really good for toning/slimming down when used with exercise so just sein if anyone has used these before?

I know you can’t have stuff like this at prmc/Rt but if it helps on shifting weight prior to that more the better so just looking if there’s any others out there (legal) that have been taken and seen good results?

I would carry in with the green tea tablets but the smell is unbareable!

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Unsure of the efficacy of such supplements. All of them seem to emphasise the caveat that they are only effective when combined with a calorie controlled diet. Which makes me cynically suspect that it's the diet that does the work rather than the snake oil tablets.

Anecdotally, when I wanted to lose two kilos in one week for a sporting event a dodgy curry inadvertently emptied my guts for about three days. Not pleasant but the episode resulted in a three kilo weight loss so I was actually quite pleased about it afterwards.
    For the avoidance of any doubt I'm not recommending such a routine.

• Like Like x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    For starters mate, are you sure they are legit and legal.

I know a few lads that fell foul of drug testing by taking what they thought was just supplements, and it was bought over the counter.

Could it be a placebo effect? I am very doubtful if any of these things actually work and there’s not a lot of science to back it up either.

Definately wouldn’t be allowed it in RT though.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

So-called fat burner supplements appear to frequently be formulated using stuff like chilli peppers (which very mildly accelerate metabolism) which one could simply add to one's diet at minimal cost.

But perhaps the key question to ask is this: if any of these formulations actually worked why is there a massive fat-shaming print media telling everyone that Lisa Riley has gained 1000 kilos in one month? :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Sorry to say mate but they are full of hidden caffeine !

6. westy

westy Well-Known Member

Am I right I’m thinking, that the 3 lads that died on 21 selection were full of the grenade fat burners?

7. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Cheers for the input looking st the feedback I’ll give them a miss!

8. Geespt

Geespt Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I used to work as a PT, and literally nothing more better than a well balanced diet and some good phys!

The tablets tend to just make a persons metabolism accelerate. Just do that yourself by drinking more cold water, sleeping well, intense workouts, lifting heavy things and even drinking coffee will all help!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

@Mattys unfortunately there is no short term fix for the results you seek. The only way to achieve weight loss is with a healthy diet and good exercise! Tablets, potions and well marketed supplements are a load of bollox! And whilst you may get results short term, the long term benefits are simply not effective!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  10. kirbymorgan17

kirbymorgan17 New Member

as advised there is no lotions,potions nor any manner of supplements proscribed or not drugs and or quick fixes are not a short cut to fitness and well being if that is the goal it as has been stated a recipe for failure it is in your best interest to disregard all the nonsense regarding your battle with weight loss hence fitness that you may have had on the various searches i believe there to be no substitute to achieve the fitness level that you strive for to enable you to feel in the right place and to lead a fruitful life in the armed forces and beyond work hard dedicate yourself hence your body to a fitness regime without being a prisoner to your weight apply yourself and the fat that you say surrounds your body will vanish.

11. ex killick

ex killick Ex-Matelot

What about these? ....,...........,

• Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  12. R

R Well-Known Member

Liposuction: What You Should Know

Link

• Like Like x 1