favourite album....EVER?

S

stokey_14

Alright gent, simple one, what is your favourite album of all time and why? Any genre of music, any year etc

Mine easily is Prodigy- Fat of the land.

Classic with out a bad song on it, I love all Prodigy?s work, seen them live twice and they where also one of the best live band?s I?ve seen. They are also a band which seems to unite most people, metal heads/rock types tend to agree, they sort of like that 90?s rave band, chavvy popular types also seem to love them (proof being they get a good reception at V fest every time they show) and there old faithful fans back in the 90?s rave/dance see love them too.

So hit me? what your favourite any why?

Stokey

Bohdan

Reaction score
Hmm... Mines is probibably 'what ever people say I am, that's what I'm not' - by the arctic monkeys.
Never seen them live but always liked them and like every song on this album.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Radiohead - In Rainbows, bloody love them and every song on that album

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is also a close runner up

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
as chavy as it sounds 'eminem-marshel mathers lp' :saythat: when i was younger i loved it and thought it was the best thing ever & yes i still have it in my car & it does make my CD player occasionally :embarrest:

Baron

Reaction score
Brilliant Albums:
Nirvana - Greatest Hits
Foo Fighters - Greatest Hits
S Club 7 - Greatest Hits
Westlife - Greatest Hits

However, none of these compare to 'Metallica - Black Album'.

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Jon bon jovi- Crossroad. Why because I like bonjovi and it was the first album I ever bought for my old walkman when I was a kid and it reminds me of my first holiday in Cyprus where i got it.

Closely followed by Cyprus hill-Black Sunday, and Bonkers- Hardcore Mutation.

There two albums I listened to alot when I was younger, reminds me off some old friends and good times as kids. Bonkers and Cyprus hill followed me everywhere, and pretty every song on them reminds me of somthing from the good days.

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
as chavy as it sounds 'eminem-marshel mathers lp' :saythat: when i was younger i loved it and thought it was the best thing ever & yes i still have it in my car & it does make my CD player occasionally :embarrest:
Downloaded this the other day, used love this. We always got bollocked playing it in school.

The two songs we all loved was Kim and Stan.

westy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The Eminem show was by far the best album ever!!

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed, sing for the moment and hallies song are the best. I like my dads gone crazy too.

westy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Til I collapse is an awesome tune, along with cleaning out my closet and well, the album is just great!!

Yossarian

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I'd have to say either 'And Justice For All' or 'The Black Album' by Metallica. They were the first metal albums I was introduced to.

My favourite album in recent times is probably 'Leviathan' by Mastodon or 'Toxicity' by SOAD.

S

stokey_14

Hmm... Mines is probibably 'what ever people say I am, that's what I'm not' - by the arctic monkeys.
Never seen them live but always liked them and like every song on this album.

Good shout. Great album, the music scene at the time really needed something as fresh and exiting as the monkeys back then.

Saw them on the NME tour, at the "Forum" in London and later at old Trafford cricket ground.

Fantastic every time however the first gig at the Forum when they where on 'what ever people say i am, that's what i'm not' was up there as one of the best gigs i've ever been, small venue and they where eclectic!

If that had 'Sing for the moment' in it, then yes, you are on the right lines.

Agreed, cracking song and all round solid album, really opened mine and i think a lot of "younger" eyes to hip hop at the time here in the UK.

stokey

DD

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Well this is easy... Definitly Maybe by Oasis.

Stoo2k

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Each to there own.

For me its Faithless - Sunday 8pm

Robbie5

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Its got to be King of Leon- only by the night or Arctic Monkeys-Whatever people say...

I used to love running to arctic monkeys, until riot van came on!

DPS

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Lots to choose from but for me at the minute it's Ben Howard - Every Kingdom. The only 'new' artist with talent. Seeing him live proves this as you could just have the CD on.